possible indistructible wheel

looks pretty beafy, but I don't see anywhere to put a freewheel
no axle either
but I think it's a nice strong wheel

I wonder if those would fit on my trike.... I don't really want to pay to have my rear wheels relaced to 12ga at $25 a pop, but these suckers sure would last, probably zero maintenence required.

They sure are heavy though 10lbs a piece! :eek:

azkronic, threaded bolt through the axel then bolt on the sprocket.. Freewheel is not needed I will not have pedals.

:)

SlicerDicer said:
...Ezee-Roll-Heavy-Duty-Spoke-Pneumatic....

Give that a look tell me what you think?
From what I've seen of these things, it's a bad idea:
...the rim usually isn't made properly to allow using rim brakes,
...the spokes are often welded at the rim--no means to adjust or true or replace,
...the bearings are not always easily replaceable, when these wheels go bad you normally just toss the whole wheel and buy another.
------
If you want bomb-proof spokes, maybe you could buy some spokes+nipples from Worksman and then drill out a hub and rim to accept them.

You could just buy a whole Worksman wheel of course, but having one I would say the braking options are not that great--the (front) drum brake doesn't seem to work real well, even after cleaning. The rear coaster brake stops, but not real hard. The edges of the Worksman rims are rolled instead of flat, preventing you from using regular rim brakes on them.

...Alternately you could get some disk-brake hubs and drill them out and use them with Worksman rims and spokes.
~

Not sure if it would work very good on a bike.

Have you guys checked out what Nothern Tool Supply has to offer us gear heads???

I was looking at one of their catalogs at work a month or so ago and they have EVERYTHING you'd need to make a screamin' MotoredBike! The engines are cheap too.

http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Horizon...8&m=AF8EGQ3KRZQB6&s=hi&qid=1184106837&sr=1-33

They have a bunch of clutches, jack shafts, chain, throttles, etc... etc...

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I am going to be getting all my parts from elsewhere but yes they have good stuff. I just do not like the price :(

I can find the things cheaper :devilish:

I guess I will just go with the monster rear tire like boonie bike style :eek: foot brake with band brake. I will be using a normal front brake for bicycle and tire.

Although I really have no idea what I want to do with the back tire honestly.

:cool: Looks like good wheels for a sidecar used to carry cargo or adults. i'm trying to design/build one to carry ALL the picnic gear in one load. those wheels and tires claim to have 150-200lb. capacity. :eek:

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
They have torque converters too! If I decide to go the "big inch" route, I will probably be doing all my shopping there.

Back