Post Count Followup

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by kerf, Oct 11, 2010.

1. kerf

kerf Guest

Copied an existing post, edited same, to get a 'kerf' thread in the 'woodshed' forum.

After we're done with discussion, we can delete the thread...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2010

2. loquin

loquin Active Member

Kerf, I just used the advanced search functions to get a count of the actual posts you have here.

In some cases, I had to split up the count by forums, and/or by date, in order to get the totals, as they were over the search limit of 500...

You have a total of 1956 posts in all forums, including our 'trashcan' folder, where we move posts instead of deleting them. (We can recover them if needed, that way.)

As of yesterday, the posts in the White zone and/or Combustion Chamber forums aren't included in the member post count totals.

Since you have 516 posts in the white zone / combustion chamber forums, and 75 have been 'deleted' over the years, this leaves 1365 as a post count.

Now, that still doesn't exactly match your displayed post count, but, it's close, and I believe there's something else that's getting counted, when the post counts are recalculated. Possibly, the profile messages.

I've attached the data I've retrieved earlier today, as well as the calculations.

I hope this explains the situation. I may use this same pdf, (with adjusted counts 'to protect the innocent,' :jester:) in an announcement thread.

Attached Files: