Posting printable templates of actual size bike parts to the forum group

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by Wolfshoes, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Wolfshoes

Wolfshoes Member

In sharing ideas of motor bike improvements; I am looking for ideas of how to do an exact to scale print of a bike part as a file attachment that another forum participant could use in duplicating a part for his own bike. My best idea is pdf, but attempts to upload this format to the site has not worked.

2. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

Hi, pdf is ok.

The size limit is 4mb per file but I can make it larger if needed. How big are the pdf files?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  3. Wolfshoes

Wolfshoes Member

4 mb should be big enough. The files are not made yet. I did recently try to attach a 81 kb PDF file to a post but was not successful.

4. Anton

Test pdf upload.

Attached Files:

5. Anton

Looks like it's working. If you have any troubles just let me know and I will sort it out. You can always use the contact form here http://motoredbikes.com/misc/contact

If you send me the file I can try to troubleshoot the problem.

6. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

why pdf? that attached pdf opened with libre draw... when i would expect a pdf to open in adobe reader... um...?

whats wrong with jpeg etc? they always print out the right size if people ensure printer settings are to scale...

and if its a 3d drawing, STL maynt be the best but it is the most common and easy to modify... rather than DXF etc...