power/weight ??

fasjake

Local time
2:19 PM
Newbie here. I'm an experienced bike builder, but have never played with motorizing one of my creations. Most of my builds are vintage "ratrod" bikes. My current project is a recreation of a early 1900s board track racer. Nearing completion, i noticed it's missing something.... a big gaping hole where the heart of the cycle should be. Or maybe it's just the inner kid in me that wants to go fast and hear something go "vroom". My question is; 48cc or 80cc? Whereas most bicycles ive seen receiving a motor weigh in at 25 to 35lbs, my bike is currently closer to 60 or 70lbs. I weigh around 175lbs. Which one should i go with(legality aside)? With this amount of weight, is it going to get up to a decent speed without burning the motor out? Also, any pointer for me on my first motor kit install? Thanks in advance.

heavy people should get 69/80cc. both engines weigh the same. stock speed is around 30mph and with many mods you can get 50mph.

How should i dampen the vibration at high rpm on a 80cc kit? Or is vibration usually not to much of an issue.

some kits aren't too bad. if it vibrates too much you need to take the crank out and drill extra balance holes in it.

Back