Power

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Gary Kiefer, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Gary Kiefer

Gary Kiefer Guest

I need to about 1/4 mi. of 6% grade. Does a 80cc have enough power to pull it?
    I weigh 240.

2. FurryOnTheInside

FurryOnTheInside Active Member

Easily but then so do you using the right gearing.
    Power is work done over time.
    Without specifying a time to do the work in, no calculation of power required is possible.

3. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

stock, no

4. Steve Best

Steve Best Active Member

Ditto the above, from my experience.
    Quickest answer is to buy and install a 56 tooth sprocket.
    The 66cc (not really 80cc) motor will go up the big hills then.
    I'm running a 48cc with 56t and it will go up the hills ok.
    Some pedaling might be needed to keep speed up, but little effort.

I stuck with the stock 44t sprocket on my 66cc and opted for motor work to get the power to get up hills.
    Read my old posts, but basically sanded the head to get some squish and compression, matched the exhaust gasket and pipe flange and leaned the engine fuel mixture slightly.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  5. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

do like Steve did:
    1. increase compression
    2. lower the needle and install a smaller main jet
    also really good is lengthening the intake tract. click on my signature link to read about it. greatly helps getting up hills.

6. Chopper bicycles

Chopper bicycles New Member

if u want to fly up a hill got one of these motors lol 20160902_130606_001.jpg or check out freds heads for cool quilty up grades 20160902_130606_001.jpg

7. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

lawnmower engines look so dorky. the chinese 2 stroke can be easily beefed up to get you up hills.

8. Chopper bicycles

those china motors suck so bad there not woth it unbalenced crank bad porting total crap if u ask me

9. skyash

skyash Active Member

Thay both junk lol

10. skyash

skyash Active Member

The dorky lawn mower that for its size and cc should go like an r6 but don't and sound terrible . the 66cc no matter what you do engine just go's the same and poor power for size. Each to his own lol

11. Steve Best

Steve Best Active Member

Seriously?

You stick a nearly 40 lbs motor into a child's bike, extent the front forks to the point of ridiculous (and unsafety), with Ape-hanger bars that have no purpose but to look outrageous, no room for your legs and run with no front brakes. I don't think you are qualified to comment on China Motor engine design. You don't seem to understand anything about design, or have any worthwhile experience with China Motors.

My Grubee Skyhawk is remarkably vibration free up to 10,000rpm, weighs under 20 lbs and delivers up to 30mph and 100mpg(US) as delivered. I found no problem putting 1000 miles on one of these motors, flogging the living daylights out of it. These are a remarkable motor for the mere $125 price tag.

I am being harsh, I know, but so were you, with no facts to back your assertions.
    $125 is POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
    A 4 stroke is more idiot proof than the China Girls, but then, I am no idiot, so they work well for me.

12. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

right on man! Power To The People!

13. Chopper bicycles

that 4 stroke was 135 bucks that is just a toy but ive hit a bad batch of thos sh*t 2 strokes and they brake all thae parts suck but hay what do i onow i have a 3 year waranty pay 10 buck more foe a way better motor if u want to put a bunch of time in to one of thoses china girls do it its a f***ing toy but if u want to run good abd have something wild to look at js dont be jellious but i can admit that u can get luck and get a good 2 stroke that fine and never have any probs with ive had one but go roll the dice that 135 doller 4 storke at agri supply and dont onow what iam talking about u should check that just beacuse i dont want to type a sh*t load of sh*t talking from a bunch of little butt hert bitches but i diegress happy motoring and dont take shut so serious there f***ing toys

14. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

hey, to each his own. For me it will always be a 2 stroke, even if I have to work my butt off to get it right.
    I'm glad you like your 4 stroke.

15. Chopper bicycles

they are all deff labors of love all i those 2 strokes are awsome the ones that frds heads make are ideal bout the cost so much but i would love to have one till then 4 stroke but i must say ive had a grubee that ran great