Official PowerKingShop Reviews

Discussion in 'Dealer Reviews' started by Anton, Aug 22, 2008.

Please rate your experience w/ PowerKingShop: (You MUST post a review if you vote)

1. 5 - Excellent

2. 4 - Above Average

3. 3 - Average

4. 2 - Below Average

5. 1 - Poor

0 vote(s)
  1. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

2. jmccrury

jmccrury Member

It looks like I'm the first to write something about powerkingshop. I didn't rate him excellent because the kits don't come with any type of support or warranty, but my experience has been good. I ordered a 49cc slant head and the kit seems to be of good quality, but it is my first so I don't really have anything to compare it too. I pre-ordered the kit for a 7/14 arrival and it actually shipped out on that date. I received it within a week so I was very happy with the shipping.

Even though the instructions are really bad, the build went well because of this site and the motor started right up on the first try with no problems. The bad thing is that after about 30mi on it, the motor quit while I was riding it. Turned out to be the CDI which I think could have been damaged by using the kill switch so I'm not going to place blame on the vendor after what I've read about it on here. I replaced it and so far it's still running good. I don't have a lot of miles on it yet, so I guess we'll see how it turns out. For $110 it is definitely a good starter kit.
  3. wayde

wayde Guest

i had the so called 80 cc worked well but when i needed parts there was no response to emails and the enging blew up after a year
  4. well i got the 49cc le and she still runs strong and have only broke one thing and thats the little clamp that holds the clutch cable but besides that all is good shipping fast no warrenty though but yea all in all 8 out of 10
  5. Ant27

Ant27 Member

My PowerKingShop experience was overall pretty good. I'm very happy for the price, and at this point there have been no major problems. First off, the instructions will NOT help you build a MB if you've never done it before. I'm a 15 year old kid, and my dad was in Hawaii, so I really had to take things slow and look over every little detail. I ordered the "80cc" engine. The quality of the engine is decent. The only extra things I've had to buy were zip ties, and teflon tape (for the petcock). I'll probably buy some loctite or something like it in the near future. After two rides, many bolts and washers were hanging on for dear life. I soon tightened them, but I know its going to happen again. Overall this kit can be good or bad depending how you look at it. If you are really looking for a reliable kit, I might go with something else. If you look at it as a fun project and know that everything might not go as planned, I'd give this kit a chance :)
  6. unraw

unraw Member

I ordered a PK limited edition. Its decent quality and fast shipping. I like it better than a boygofast engine that I previously ordered.
  7. hill climber

hill climber Member

my first kit is from the 80cc kit with needle bearing. about 1000 miles and it sounds like the needle bearing, little end, is going bye bye, havent pulled it apart yet. it definitaly needed the normal tlc to be reliable. packing sucked.bent stud, broken plug and plug boot. i think i got what i paid for. i give them an average rating, 3, on the chart above.
  8. mechanicojoe

mechanicojoe Member

my latetest review for pwr king is preety goood.
    the engine was fine nothing scratched and the carb float bowl even had a screw todrain out the gas
  9. MoonHog

MoonHog Member

I've ordered a couple of their 49cc Limited kits online, and have had 0 issues. They always come packaged neatly. Every botl and screw is accounted for, and bolted or screwed onto the part it belongs to. The parts definitely are more heavy duty than most kits out there, and the support people are courteous and friendly.

For the money, it is IMHO the best kit you can buy.
  10. Kiwi

Kiwi Member

I purchased their 80cc motor kit in black.
    There was a mistake in the first attempt to ship it ( they forgot to put the EPA paperwork with it ). But they called me and asked me if i wanted to wait on a new one to be shipped or if i wanted a refund. I said i can wait and the new one showed up a few days later.
    Excellent customer service !. I was a little upset that the first one got stuck but they took care of it and made me happy.
    The motor started up first try !

This is my first motor kit and i am very happy with it.
  11. Junster

Junster Member

Zoombicycle 80cc Black Slant Head

I ordered my kit on Wensday last week. It was here Tuesday. I got a lil antsy waiting and called them they were polite and helpful assuring me on the shipping. I got the UPS confirmations. The packaging was very good. Nothing was missing. The motors quality seems very good. Easy starting, good power. The only thing wrong at all was one of the 2 rubber pieces for the clam shell rear sprocket must have been cut from the edge of whatever they cut it from. It was about 3/16" thick on one side and less then an 1/8" on the other. I discarded it and made a replacment. In all I think it's a great kit and a good vendor.