Pre-Mushroom Shot Of Me & Oscar:

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by Hal the Elder, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Hal the Elder

Hal the Elder Member

Hello, My Friends...

With 106 miles on the odometer, I'm gettin' ready for my last ride before Oscar's Mushroom Lifter "Implant Surgery".

Attached Files:

2. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Hi Hal & Oscar,

Sure is a nice blue.

Have fun,
  3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

A fine looking bike, Hal.

But you ride in tennis shoes? Shame on you! :)
  4. Hal the Elder

Hal the Elder Member

Yes, But I Don't Play Tennis!

Are these better? (no helmet & a some, lose some!)

Attached Files:

5. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

I think it's a darned sight better than this photo of me on Baxter (I'm at a living history event, hence the Civilian Defense gear):

Attached Files:

6. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

looking good Hal..... you & Oscar!!

a word of need some new handlebars.
    I heard there were some cool kids around, that might knock you off your bike!!

7. Hal the Elder

Hal the Elder Member

HAR HAR! Good one, Davo!

8. Hal the Elder

Hal the Elder Member

Hey Kilroy...

You must be re-enacting the WWII "Block Warden" scene that I remember as a kid in the '40's. The Roosevelt badge sets the period!

9. Kep1a

Kep1a Guest

A little nervous before the operation are we?:rolleyes7:
    Hope all goes well. We will be rooting for ya and here to help if needed LOL

10. Hal the Elder

Hal the Elder Member

Thanks, Kep1a...

...but I anticipate a routine, uneventful procedure...the only problem is, I HAVE ONLY ONE 10mm WRENCH, and I would feel very unprofessional going in there with a small Crescent Wrench to use as the lockdown!

11. Quenton Guenther

Hi Hal & Oscar,
    If you have a real small Crescent wrench, it could be used on the top of the bolt [just to hold in place], and the 10 MM could be used to secure the locking nut. Make sure you have a 8 MM to hold the lifter.

Have fun,
  12. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

:eek:fftopic: Good eye, but actually I'm an Auxiliary Policeman in that photo. I also do an Air Raid Warden impression at living history events. Here's a shot of me as a Chief Air Raid Warden at Fort Miles (Cape Henlopen - where we held the East Coast Motoredbike Rally in October).

Attached Files:

13. Civil Defense Worker

Hey, and see, all this time I thought you were in the Infantry carring a 1903 A-1 Springfield, and a back pack with one of those cute lil folding shovels......

14. go-rebels

go-rebels Member

I didn't have two so I went to my local flea market and picked up a brand new S-K for five bucks.

I'm not sure if the adjustable wrench will work well. Some of the clearances are tight.
  15. Hal the Elder

Hal the Elder Member

Hey M'bike Mike:

Those "cute little folding shovels" are called "Entrenching Tools".

I can just hear the Platoon Sergeant tell his men:

"Listen up, troopers...we're gonna dig in on the enemy's flank, so get out those cute little folding shovels and go to work!"

Lt. Col. Hal,
    C.O. 13th Batallion, 5th Regiment, 2nd Infantry Div.
  16. Buzz Bomb

Buzz Bomb Member

Um... I think the don't ask, don't tell rule applies here...
  17. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Thank you for your service to our country. Since Kilroy had to show off his uniform I had to show off mine and the Cushman.

Attached Files:

18. Hal the Elder

Hal the Elder Member

Hey Jim:

I was not a Lt. Col.

In fact, I was not an Officer at all...I was discharged (honorably) as a Spec 4.

That Cushman sure looks like Government Issue, with the O.D. paint job!

Speaking of Cushman many of you remember these that came from my High School days in the early 1950's?

Harley Davidson 125

Western Auto

Of all the above, the Mustang was the most admired.

19. Quenton Guenther

Hi Hal, Never ran into a Mustang or Western Auto in my youth, but the Salsbury was one quick scooter.

Have fun,
  20. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

most of those are here.....
    didn't see the western auto..?