Pre-Newbie in Phoenix

Tikihead

Local time
12:14 PM
Hi all, have been researching motor kits for a while now, and I found your forum via GEBE (Golden Eagle Bike Engines). I am really leaning toward their kit, although its position demand creative solutions for bags and baskets.

I just bought a decent diamond frame 21 speed 26 inch tire MTB from Craigslist, so now I just need to decide finally on a kit!

After doing research and reading testimonials from GEBE owners, it seems like the GEBE system is hard to beat (although the China 2-stroke fans may argue that point some). That's ok, all I own are Chinese 2-stroke kits at the moment.
Since you have a diamond frame bike, look into the Chinese engine kits, the ShellyBelly Whisper Drive kits, and the EZMotorbike Q-matic.
ShellyBelly is developing a CVT transmission and EZMotorbike is developing a 2 speed transmission. Both due on the open market real soon.

Bike Kits

Thanks for the info GearNut! I have been researching these for a couple months now, and have spoken with neighbors who have various setups (mostly Chinese kits). They all mention that these kits require constant vigilance and adjustment. That's what attracts me to the GEBE kist, despite their price.

Yeah, I was drooling over the Whisper Drive. The Qmatic I don't know much about, though I did chat briefly on another forum with the owner in Fountain Hills.

I currently ride an E bike from Electroportal.com called a Charger. It's range is not so hot, and I don't want to have to worry about recharging at my destination. Super fun bike otherwise, and almost maintenance free.

My E bike

Here's a pic of my E bike.

Attachments

• My Bike.jpg
    My Bike.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 121
That's cool! I have never seen one of those before.
What is the range on it?
It looks like you could easily put a GEBE kit on it and have yourself a hybrid.

welcome from FH :)
I think it was me you were talking to at 'the other' place ;)
if you can make it out to my place, test rides are always available :)
(I like watching others enjoy my bike as much as I do ;))

sorry, I am gonna be busy on the 4th...my daughter/grandkids want to do a garage sale after our recent move (Grampa got volunteered to help)

My Charger E-Bike

I just found out by researching my e-bike (the Charger) was designed by the late great Paul McCready, who designed the Gossamer Albatross and Gossamer Albatross, the amazing human powered aircraft.

How cool is that? He was way ahead of his time with the e-bike, which was the first 'bionic' bike.

Back