Preaching in PMs?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by LabRat63, May 21, 2008.

1. LabRat63

LabRat63 New Member

I hope someone got rid of this guy. Here is the private message he sent me.

Jessie
    Junior Member Join Date: Apr 2008

Re: Labrat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
    I'm new here, how's it going?

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein

---
    Jessie
    http://jessie.infinitehosting.net

I really do not think this is thhe proper place for spreading your religious beliefs.

2. I got one too!
    --------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
    I'm new here, how's it going?

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein

---
    Patricia
    http://patricia.hub.io

--------------------------------

I was perfectly willing to chat with this member, but received no replies. That is rude.

3. augidog

augidog Banned

yup, that's a common thing, just another species of spam..."forward" the offending PM to any moderator.

4. KiDD

KiDD Member

I got one of these too, I figured it was just her signature, but she had not made any forum posts. I told her to introduce herself in the intro forum, but never got a reply.

5. RATRODER

RATRODER Guest

Sorry guys, Jessie is a gone dude!!! louis

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2008
  6. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

I responded with some preaching of my own.

7. LabRat63

LabRat63 New Member

I thought it was just his/her/it's signature too until I clicked the link to see where it went. Note also that the Jessie and Patricia links go to virtually identical web sites pushing Buddhism.

8. Very un-Buddhist. Ironic. I'm actually a member of E-sangha, a Buddhist forum (and no it wasn't me!).

9. I get them and just delete them...

10. brendonv

brendonv Member

yep this spam has been going around, it went through Youtube as well. i dont see what the point of it is, might contain spyware or something, i didnt get anything though.