Fuel Mixture Premium Fuel

markham26

Local time
12:14 AM
Hey guys i am currently running the lowest quality fuel which is classified as E-10 i was wondering:unsure: whether or not my little china 2 stroke would handle the 91 unleaded fuel as i don't wanna put it in the fuel tank just in case i destroy my motor. Any feed back is much appreciated.

Kind regards Markham26

yes it'll run on the 91 octane, but it will probably run better with the cheaper stuff (here in the U.S. we have 87 octane as the cheap stuff).
the compression in the china engines is very low, so cheap gas is the way to go.
you will not gain anything by using the 91 octane, but you will lose money....right out the exhaust.

I tried the good stuff and it ran worse than ever. I always "assumed" higher octane fuel burned hotter, so it should run better. After a little research. It turns out the higher the octane the less combustible it really is allowing for higher compression before ignition. ie high comp racing engines.

I do not have a high comp head yet, so there may be a difference. I doubt we'll ever get high enough compression for this to be effective.

A friend of mine I ride with alot has used a little ether in his fuel with very good results all summer "probly 400+ miles" a nyquil measuring cup so what 2 tsp-per-tank. Burning hotter (read)more combustible would be a good thing. I haven't tried it yet so I can't recommend or not, gonna try tho :)

"If it ain't broke, Fix it till it is"

A friend of mine I ride with alot has used a little ether in his fuel with very good results all summer "probly 400+ miles" a nyquil measuring cup so what 2 tsp-per-tank. Burning hotter (read)more combustible would be a good thing. I haven't tried it yet so I can't recommend or not, gonna try tho :)
QUOTE]

I find that hard to beleive because ether will evaporate VERY fast.
it probably evaporated out of the fuel before it even made it into the carb.
How did he fill the nyquill cap with ether, just spray it into it out of the can?
besides that, ether will make an engine run lean....which will give you more power at the cost of damage to the piston.

QUOTE]

I find that hard to beleive because ether will evaporate VERY fast.
it probably evaporated out of the fuel before it even made it into the carb.
How did he fill the nyquill cap with ether, just spray it into it out of the can?
besides that, ether will make an engine run lean....which will give you more power at the cost of damage to the piston.

yeah that's what he did sprayed it into a cup. It may have all evaporated out. could be why there were no adverse affects. It did seem to run better and faster tho (probably only at first). Like I said I cant say ether way. As to damage to the engine it's absolutely possible haven't taken the head off yet, we'll see.

in aus our lowest octane is 91
E10 is part ethanol i dont like it one bit at work we use it as a solvent for cleaning parts in

my bike ran terrible with 98 octane fuel,hard to start and slow. wish we could get lower octane fuel for these in oz :(

in aus our lowest octane is 91
E10 is part ethanol i dont like it one bit at work we use it as a solvent for cleaning parts in

my bike ran terrible with 98 octane fuel,hard to start and slow. wish we could get lower octane fuel for these in oz

i agree to meny people are making to much money of us consumers here and we are just meant to sit back and not to complain

Back