preparing for my addiction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mralaska, Aug 8, 2008.

1. mralaska

mralaska Member

Greetings all,

I lack the resources and money to pursue this like a lot of you. My mechanic told me my SUV is not worth fixing. My roadster burns ~10mpg (premium) so I cannot afford to drive it anymore making a large part of my motivation utilitarian. The bicycle was killing me on trips to Walmart (16 miles one way. 3 hr pedaling uphill, too tired to shop, then 3hr uphill on the way home too!) so I found myself on this site ordering a 50cc from bluecollarbob today (it was the t-shirt that swayed me!)

I have seen a few unique bikes in this area, maybe now I will be able to catch up to them! Meanwhile I am trying to figure out the laws in this state (NH) as they seem to contradict themselves but that is the subject of another search. Meanwhile I will be reading up on the basics and searching out even more creative ways to be the ultimate cheapskate.

2. stude13

stude13 Active Member

howdy and welcome; just keep after it and have fun.
  3. stude13

stude13 Active Member

let us in on the user name
  4. mralaska

mralaska Member

I couldn't figure out what you were talkin' about at first, then I realized you were talking about MY user name! It was a nickname I picked up when I first moved East from my home state of Alaska. The first girl I met was dating three other Paul's so she started calling me Mr Alaska (I was handsome back then) and it stuck. When I went online I used the name I was accustomed to.

In retrospect it would have been less confusing to come up with some other name but nowadays every time I register with another name I forget what it is by the time I come back. Not sure whether it indicates alzheimers, laziness, or a combinatino thereof.
  5. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

That's what trading in AK for the Granite State will do to ya, makes you an Old Man of the Mountain before your time. :lol:

From an old New England yankee cheapskate, welcome aboard!
  6. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc.