pretty quiet around here

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by 210061741, Dec 6, 2009.

1. 210061741

210061741 Guest

Man where u guys been.

2. DougC

DougC Guest

Same thing happens to non-motorized bicycle forums....... cold weather hits, and suddenly nobody's riding.
  3. 210061741

210061741 Guest

I still ride even in the snow.

But alot of places are still nice and warm.
  4. professor

professor Active Member

Yeah, we would think nice and warm was a day over 50 something degrees, southerners may not agree.
    Besides, the ball games are on TV. Good time to ride - all the guys are watching (well almost).
  5. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Turtle's here..whats the latest on the PK??
  6. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

The winters when I get my best building done. Unfortunately for my MB hobby I'm taking a hiatus this winter as I've already had to build a shed to house my 2 wheelers. Instead I'm working on restoring my '86 Fiero GT fastback which has been stored for some 6 or more years now. It's quite an undertaking but the frame and many of its systems are in great shape. And I used to love driving the thing so it'll give me something to enjoy on the 35mi ride to work.
    I'm sure people will still pop in here all winter to banter on. Hows about getting some upgrades on your ride 2100?

7. augidog

augidog Banned

i thought the Fiero was a cute lil contraption, i was a dealer-mech during the '80's sub-frame recall (the oil fire thing, but an easy fix) and had a close look...i had a love affair with the american compact when it still had cahones, personally owned a '82 AMC Spirit with the pontiac 2.5L, it happened to be cab-forward with big buckets...also a '79 'stang with a 200 L-6, lotsa room...but when yer 6'5' some cars only look cool, i literally got stuck in a Fiero while i was ramping it, my boss had to pull my leg out from under the steering column :jester:

well, OT, i know, but dang i loved the american car...

it's cold out, only real MB'ers will be buying and joining right i think the latest MB-Climate change (PUN intended) will have an effect too as the minimum buy-in changes things.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  8. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

18°F right now. Hunkered down in the bunker.......
  9. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Woah, it's warmer in Ak.....24....:jester:
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
  10. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

And it's raining in So Cal. The weather is like the quiet riders...kinda depressed....
  11. augidog

augidog Banned

2 space-heaters, blackberry brandy, chicago VII, i can barely feel my fingers on the keys but if i wanna smoke i have to be out in the shop...below freezing...full-garb with face mask for the Mooses' "burger nite" run but shoot do the 2-strokers love this cold air.
  12. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I (finally) got a job. Last week I worked 70 hours, in 6 days. Today I worked 15 hours. (tomorrow looks the same)
    My next day off is Xmas eve.

I'm going to bed......

nite, y'all

ps: I am riding a HT to work everyday!!!
  13. 210061741

210061741 Guest

Rpde to work today.
    about 20 something degrees and some snow on the road.
    Cant wait to get my studded tires.
    And snomobile pants.
    Then i'll be up to anything.
    We've been known to see 12 to 15 inches of snow in a day or so.
    Sure it's on it's way soon.

Cold and Scared or only a frame of mind.