Engine Trouble problems with a pre built bike engine noise

Antwan90

Local time
7:58 AM
I recently bought a pre built bike off craigslist Anne it has been giving me some problems like a weird noise coming from the motor and I can't get the tensioner to stay tight any advice?

Weird noise? could have a mouse in there, please explain. The tensioner; Make sure it is not too tight on the chain, take the roller apart and make sure you have lots of grease, make sure you are using washers and lock washers, most would say use loctite.
Depending on what side the nut is on, take the bolt out and put it in the opposite way, so the nut is on the other side. make sure you have grease on the roller where it meets the chain.

It sounds like a clutch problem or some thing thanks I'll try lock tight. I'm extremely new to this so any and all input helps

Like while its running it will make this violent noise I have no clue what it is

Cutch area, magneto area, crankcase area, cylinder and head area? depending on how old the engine is, could be the piston banging around inside the cylinder.

My clutch was making an awful rattling, ringing sound, so I bought flex seal while I had the clutch apart and sprayed Flex seal on the back of the inside plate and sprayed the inside clutch cover, deadened the noise quite well. That was just an experiment that worked.

Last edited:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?10392-The-Crash-Course-for-MotoredBike-N00Bs

Take the plug out, remove the covers (magneto, clutch, and drive sprocket covers) shut off the gas and remove the carb from the intake manifold, spin your peddles with the clutch engaged, [should have a bike stand]. Any noise? check the plug for any damage (maybe piston hitting the plug), use a flashlight and check down the plug hole to see if there is any wear to the cylinder walls, your playing elimination of what the noise is not. put the carb. back on, put the plug back in, turn on the gas and run the engine, is there any noise coming from any areas where the covers are off? make sure the mounting bolts are tight. is your chain rubbing against anything like a fender or frame?

Back