Program for downloading and converting Youtube and Google video

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fabian, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I've tried all sorts of programs to download Youtube videos and convert them into WMV, AVI and MPEG format.

Nothing has worked and the ones that do, don't allow a full conversion of the FLV file.

I've spent a lot of time looking and have given up.
    Really, what i want is an efficient downloader and converter written by some university student who made a program THAT JUST DAMM WELL WORKS.

I'm hoping there is someone on Motored Bikes who is tech savvy and can point me in the right direction on the net or better still, send their preferred program to my email address.

Cheers Fabian

2. Gh0stRider

Gh0stRider Banned

I just save them with YouTube downloader and view them with FLV Player. (for youtube)
    I don't try to convert them.

3. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Gh0st, i should be using your method - seems the easiest and most sensible way of doing things.

It's just that i can't be bothered having a bunch of different media players.

I want Windows Media Player to play everything, but a good deal of the time the converted FLV files don't want to play, which is downright frustrating.

Fabian

4. Gh0stRider

Gh0stRider Banned

I don't know how well it works, but you could try this FLV player plugin for WMP.

http://www.playflv.com/playFLV/

I really don't mind FLV player, it doesn't seem to be a resource hog. I like to archive some YooToob videos because a lot of good sheet seems to go away because they are removed due to copyright issues.

5. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

I use Real Player SP with Real Player Converter. It works fine for me.

Jim

6. scokes

scokes Member

whenever I need something converted from yt, I just copy the link and flip over to zamzar.com. The site will convert to many different formats and send you a download link to your e-mail when it is ready. fast & efficient. .... and free.

Hope this helps.

7. pedalless

pedalless Member

8. Neon

Neon Member

Download Helper works good to get the flv file. I then use FLV Converter to convert to avi. Need more help you can always head to http://www.videohelp.com/ many tools available, lots of guides, most of the tools are free.