progress on the whizz

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by lobsterboyx, Jan 17, 2008.

1. lobsterboyx

lobsterboyx Guest

So, as motorbikemike knows, ive been struggling with this thing, if its not one thing its another, and it quickly grew in to something i didnt even want to deal with, i started messing with the wiring harness (for future refrence, i wont do that again) - if you'll recall my friend sold me this whizzer for ultra cheap because his dad didnt ride it anymore.

i took my savings and spent it on fun custom stuff!

monarch fork
    triumph controls
    banana seat (until i can fab up a proper seat mount that will throw my fat *** over the rear wheel) - then ill go with the leather

its still got a ways to go, but i just ordered a few things from mike that should be here soon (belt tensioner and cool compression release) next up is making a plate for the front fork pivot point thing that can take a disc brake after that, im unsure of its future, i might make an old style excelsior fuel tank, or i might just take the plunge and design a frame - either way im going to paint it. but ill only take it apart when its all dialed up in its current config.

the ppg rep that comes to my shop is all over the thing, he said he will cut me a deal on whatever paint i decide to spray- uh oh- the pin striper also said he would like to have his way with it!

getting this bike has really been one of the more fun projects ive ever done

i rode it home tonight from the shop, my buddy drove my 48 buick behind me, clocked my large behind at tipping on 40- weee

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2008

2. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Looking good. Those white walls are pain ain't they?
  3. beach cruzin

beach cruzin Guest

carry a bleach bottle and a rag lol:grin: thats gunna be a nice ride lookin good
  4. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

It's so cool to see something with a little more beef than the Happy Times. Nice ride.
  5. lobsterboyx

lobsterboyx Guest

yeah, the white tires are a pain, but all i really want to worry about is keeping the sidewalls clean

anyone know of a really technical bike shop in the san fernando valley? ive been fixing to get someone to once over the bicycle and maybe give me a stable platform.

thanks for the responses, i have a number of ideas that im just itching to try, time, job, girlfriend forces it to the back burner.. soon tho... soon
  6. twinkiex

twinkiex Guest

ah that is too pretty!

great looking bike. be careful of those forks we have had them colapse on a 2000 24" whizzer with the stock drum brake. they just folded up right at the top. they look great just keep your eye on them.

8. reclaimer

reclaimer Guest

Love the blue, sweet lookin ride. I've been eyeing those forks. Was going to ask for a mini review. maybe I'll steer clear, now.(lol) They look great on your bike though.

are those the stock handle bars put on upside down? they look great
  10. Scottm

Scottm Guest

I agree, that kind of gives it that boardtrack look. Great Job! Looks like fun to ride.
  11. reclaimer

reclaimer Guest

I thought so too. The low bars combined with the little swoop of the bannana seat, make it look fast sitting still.
  12. azbill

azbill Active Member

newport, you have made 2 posts so far...
    please make an intro post (as per forum policies)
  13. lobsterboyx

lobsterboyx Guest

thanks for all the great comments, ive just been messing with the bike as as it is. there are no brakes. the handle bars are just the stock ones turned upside down and chopped 3 inches. the banana seat was just something i had laying around because i wanted to get my butt as far over the back wheel as possible. the bike is really fun and it is fast..

im looking to make this thing as fast as i can - i love just cruising to my buddys house a few blocks away, ive also taken it to work- near where i live there is a bus way with a great bike path, no traffic lights, no stops and rarely do i see someone else- its great for speed testing! and its a direct route to work.

i want to do some kind of custom exhaust and i kinda wanted to make it a little more curvy so that the exhaust can flow a little bit better. i took the muffler thing out and its so loud! i love it, whenever im on it i always get stopped to ask what it is. the next thing i think might be a custom tank, or maybe a custom fork because as it is, its a little rickety. im running in to a lot of interesting issues because bicycles arent really made to go that fast. i figure with all the rain los angeles has been getting recently its the perfect time to start working on it.