Project: OVERKILL

Hey, now that I think about it, I have been lurking your other threads. Tell me about this "wah wah wah" phenomenon you guys are talking about. I plan on putting in a tensioner and you say it will dampen that ... but what exactly is this?

Kerf ... so does my skateboard wheel idea sound good to you? They seem pretty "grippy" to the touch so I am thinking they should be okay. Not quite as soft as the rubber chain guide/roller that I have on the bike for the (double length) pedal chain.

appye,

the whawhawha is from the chain flopping side to side and back and forth. what happens is for micro pulses the chain goes totally loose then tighter then loose then....
you get the idea, what happens is you get little load-unloading switches that sound like whawhawha and causes a lurch and a tail wagging.

the skateboard wheel should work fine.

steve

What he said. My chain problems were worse with #41 & 1/4" sprockets. The best was with #510H & 1/8" sprockets. The 3/32" track sprockets produce a small amount of this phenomenon but not enough to bother me.

Good to know. I am using 410h and 1/8" sprockets. I ran into a problem last night where the skateboard wheels were too wide and rubbed against the tire. Not a big problem though, as I can heat up a knife on the barbecue... Cuts through those things like butter, should do the job.

Of course, the Dodger game comes on again tonight but I am getting the feeling that I won't have that problem after today.

so,.......................................................................and then.............................................................................................,

now.............................................??

steve

Funny. Sorry, things have just been hectic these last few days. But I get off in 20 minutes and head straight home to do some serious bike building. Hopefully I will be riding it tomorrow morning.

Dodgers definately aren't going to be a problem anymore...

well @#*!!#@, just as soon as i............................................................,

so i ...................................then it ...................................................

and i called the wife to come get me and just through it in the trunk, then into the corner of the garage.

OR.................................................................................................

you've been riding the whole weekend and are too selfish to stop and share your satifaction and pride.

which ?

steve

lol ...

I do deserve that. Still not done. I did not not have much energy on friday and ended up being pretty sick all day saturday and so I got to working on the tensioner today. And my two year old helps a lot too by grabbing bolts and tools and placing them neatly in places where I have to look for them. And now she's sick.

I Carved up some skateboard wheels and they were still not very suitable so I just decided to go get some real rollers from cycle gear. Now I have to figure out just where to mount it. There are some tight clearances to deal with. It is coming along, slowly but surely. NOT SITTING IN THE CORNER OF THE GARAGE!!!

I know how you feel i have 2 master builders to help me, 2 and 5 years old.

They love building scarecrows at the moment with my bolts, and my 2 year old thinks the nuts are shinny cherrios.... The 5 year old loves my magnet picker up pen thingie and my washers just keep vanishing into thin air..

Back