Project: OVERKILL

I am chomping at the bit to get on the road. Kawasaki999 (craig?), I have both screws set to 1.25 turns out to start with. I want to make sure I start rich and then lean down a little rather than start too lean and burn the engine. Does this sound good to you guys? Have you been able to run your engines for thousands of miles for sometimes hours at a time using that amsoil sabre at 75-80:1?

Steve, why would I get wag just because things are far back? Do you mean the engine might sway left/right in relation to the wheel? Or are you talking about the wah wah effect you explained to me a few days ago? If so, why would having things back like that cause this to happen? If I have problems because of this, I can put a static roller down below or something to keep the chain away from the frame.

Anyone recognize where I got my tensioner arm from?

5-7Heaven. I was thinking about that allthread thing. Originally, that is how I had things mounted, but went with bolts because of a warning from kerf about possibly bending the allthread. I was thinking however, that if I use bolts and/or washers to tightly fill in the gaps, so there is no "naked" allthread exposed at the points where it might bend otherwise, then I gain the strength of all that extra metal, similar to how I did it with the bolts anyway. I may yet throw those allthreads back in there. As far as grade8, I have no idea. These are bolts I picked up at home depot. I figure with those beefy 1/2 inch nuts on there, I am gaining quite a bit of strength as it is. It definately LOOKS strong enough to handle my gp460.

...Is "allthread" a brand? I was thinking more like "threaded rod" but I keep seeing that word pop up.

srdavo. Well, a homemade gebe mount anyway after my original one broke on me for the third time. I will post full pics soon enough.

Appye, 1 1/2 on high and 1 1/4 on the low or maybe a tad richer for the first gal. 1 1/4 on the high will toast it for shure! 25:1 on the oil. Whats your elevation? I have 1000 miles on 1 bike running amsoil, went 56 miles 1 time without stopping on a 96 degree day. Just swiched to amsoil at 300 miles on the mongoose.

Last edited:
I Am In Los Angeles County So Basically Less Than A Thousand Feet. I Do Plan On Riding Around In These Mountains Here Though Which Can Get Up To About Nine Thousand Feet.

appye,

IF you have any twitchiness from either rider input or drivetrain dynamics the further the weight and mass is behind the rear axle the greater it will be amplified.

there's no way to know IF it's going to be a problem till you ride it.

yes, 1.5 turns on the "H" screw.

steve

The Nine gauge spokes look great on your bike ! kinda fits the Overkill theme ay ? can't wait till yer dun wither... :D

That's what this project is all about for me. I want to overbuild it as much as is possible because I want to avoid all the pitfalls I had where my GEBE would bread down every few weeks with some cracked part, untrue wheel, stripped belt, or whatever. I want an EVERYDAY driver that I can rely on. I don't really want to knock GEBE, but I don't think that system is durable enough for this kind of punishment. I think it is more for the casual weekend rider who likes to go for the occasional joyride or only uses it for putting around town for short stints. I put over 30 miles on my bike each day going back and forth from work PLUS weekend joyrides. I hope this all works out.

The basic components you've used are capable of doing just that. Keep in mind that you may have some debugging of your own engineering, I did. Having done that, it's just a matter of checking tire pressure and pouring gas into the machine. I need another challenge, having evil thoughts.:devilish:

Back