project Pure FIRE update

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by macLovin, May 15, 2009.

1. macLovin

macLovin New Member

Hey guys.
    this is an update from my build.
    Except for the exhaust i think its finally done

I started out with a $40 craigslist mountain bike that looked like this:
    [​IMG]

after two months, a couple $$$$$, and patience, heres how it sits now
    [​IMG]

painted it flat black, took out the whole shifter mechanism, converting it to a one speed. chopped the seat as low as it could it go. and threw on some high rise handlebars, tilted forward

[​IMG]

heres the goodness:

sick bike parts fuel valve (the best upgrade imo)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    no leaks what so ever.

ngk lead the crappy one that came with the kit wouldnt give me a spark.
    [​IMG]

and custom chain idler. made from parts from the shifter mechanism
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

oh and by the way, don't paint your wheels, mine were painted and as you can see the brakes took the paint right off

like i said its all done except for the exhaust. you probably cant tell but in the pic below theres a huge scrape coming from the crank hitting the exhaust not a big deal but it gets annoying
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking guys, tell me what you think. oh and before i forget , does anyone know if springer forks would fit on a mountain bike? I think springer forks would finish it off well

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

A fine looking bike and some very good photos.

Nice job.

Regarding pedal/exhaust clearance, I simply drilled the holes on the exhaust mount a little bit. This allowed me to rotate the exhaust just enough to clear the pedal. Another advantage; if my exhaust starts to loosed I can tell almost immediately because the pedal starts tapping against it.

3. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Looks like a clean and sturdy build. When you get your exhaust situated, add a metal strap between the lower part of the muffler and bike frame to prevent exhaust cracks.
    Cheers

4. kitcarguy

kitcarguy Member

great looking MB. Good job with the build

5. superbee

superbee Member

awsome, i love flat black.

6. Yeah the flat black is cool. Sorrento is a quality bike. The white dust cap assembly will fit that little spot for a filter box. Jim at Livefast has 'em.
    Springers look good and work pretty well on that angle if your 175lb+ and turn about 3 to 5 threads all the way through the crown on a pyramid(heavier of the Taiwanese Fork) Which are good quality, looks like the angles alright. When you order the springer make sure to get what looks to be about 50mm or = (2) 20mm and one 10mm headset spacers. Yeah that would look btchn

7. macLovin

macLovin New Member

thanks for the compliments. yeah i just took it down to the local bike shop, and the owner put in a order for the forks. so that should be in soon.

i got this pretty sweet cruiser basket off of craigslist. wasn't really made for a mountain bike, so i made it fit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ive had mixxed revies on the basket. let me know what you think

8. Baskets are awesome.