Proper non-resistor type iridium plug for 66cc China motors?

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Cavi Mike, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Cavi Mike

Cavi Mike Member

The NGK B6HS plug everyone is recommending is a resistor type plug and the stock plug is not(at least that's how it cross references). I'm not finding anything that's a direct replacement. Does anyone actually know the right plug for this, not one that just fits and looks the same?

2. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

That isn't a resistor plug.
    http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinfo/spark_plugs/partnumberkey.pdf

3. Cavi Mike

Cavi Mike Member

Nice, thanks. I'll make sure to look farther than Amazon's description next time.

4. Al.Fisherman

Google/Bling is your friend!!!

5. Cavi Mike

Cavi Mike Member

The first result from a google search was the amazon link.

6. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

In my opinion (for what it matters) as long as the plug you get has the same reach as the stock one, it'll work.
    there really is no benefit to spending big $$ on iridiam, or any other exotic tipped plug.
    these are not high performance race engines, so any plug that will get spark into the cylinder will work.
    of corse, an iridium plug will last a lot longer, but i can't justify spending that kind of money on a spark plug for a $100.00 engine.
    you will not get any performance gain with an iridium plug.
    you will however get a little performance gain by going from the stock china plug to an ngk plug. a better spark plug wire and boot will also help.

7. Cavi Mike

Cavi Mike Member

Interesting point, justifying the money spent, but the plug is only $3. A heck of a lot less than a $75 CDI.

8. motorpsycho

since when is a cdi $75.00?
    you can buy a high performance, digital cdi for around $25.00.
    stock h.t. style cdi's can be bought for around $13.00.
    iridium plugs are around $10.00 each.

9. Cavi Mike

Cavi Mike Member

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  10. motorpsycho

well, the digital cdi's are actually made for 50-110 c.c. 2 stroke 4 wheelers.
    the plug you have listed is a standard ngk...not an iridium ngk (which is in the title of your post).
    standard ngk plugs are around $3.00, but Iridium ngk plugs are around $10.00 each.

11. Cavi Mike

Cavi Mike Member

Apparently I've confused myself in my searching here because I thought the number I copied was that of the iridium plug. It looks like I still don't have any idea which plug is the right one.

12. Al.Fisherman

I'd stay with a NGK....
    NGK BP5HS = Denso W16FP-U or Denso Iridium IWF 16 = Bosch W8B or W8BC or W8BP = Champion L92Y
    NGK BP6HS = Denso W20FP-U or Denso Iridium IWF 20 = Bosch W7B or W7BC or W7BP = Champion L87Y
    NGK BP7HS = Denso W22FP-U or Denso Iridium IWF 22 = Bosch W5B or W5BC or W5BP = Champion L64Y
    NGK BP8HS = Denso W24FP-U or Denso Iridium IWF 24 = Bosch = None......................= Champion L61Y

13. vermhot

vermhot Member

Great stuff there Al !!!!!