prototype ghent cruiser parts

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by neicull, Jan 29, 2009.

1. neicull

neicull Member

Wanted to show you guys a couple pics of the products I'm hoping to have available. I'm trying to gauge any interest. Let me know what you guys think.

• 3" Drop Seat Post, for a more stream lined seat position. lower stance and overall better style for the board track or low cruiser look.
    • Ghent cruiser strap on tank, this is a prototype and would love suggestions and feedback.
    I will take orders for any of these..let me know.

More pics here:

Attached Files:

2. New tank concept

Hi I would be very interested to know about your tank. Avialability, price and are you going to do a crossover so that the fuel will drain evenly?

3. neicull

neicull Member

tank details

I thought about the cross over and it's a possibility I could weld two small bungs at the front/bottom however. I think it would be easy enough to slosh the gas over by leaning the bike a little (common among a lot of dirtbikes) and it would have one less connection to leak from. I could have the two bungs with gas line that connects at a t-valve/ petcock of some sort. I was thinking about what to charge. It takes me about 2-3 hours of work and about $25 in materials. So probably $75-$85 dollars for the raw/primered tank, does that seem fair? I could probably have one available within 4 days after I get materials. So 2 weeks is a safe bet. What were your thoughts?
  4. Cordogg

Cordogg New Member

I like those board track style seatposts. I haven't seen any other places that sell them.
  5. neicull

neicull Member

Cool. I think I'm the only one selling them. I make them custom right here in my shop. It was a personal choice and I'm hoping it catches on.
  6. Cordogg

Cordogg New Member

yea after I saw a pretty old video showing board track racing I was hooked. I just can't imagine doing 100 mph with no brakes.
  7. neicull

neicull Member

link me to the video! I think its part nostalgia and part trying to connect with simplicity for me.. I just love how simple everything was back then.
  8. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

How about a price on your seatpost?
  9. neicull

neicull Member

Seat post would be $30+ shipping. Total = $35.
    If you want to send me your seat post I'll do it for $20+shipping. Total = $25.

If not I'll need you to let me know what size your seat post is. Give me about 5 days turnaround to get it back to you. Feel free to email me and I can give you further details or answer any questions.
  10. Cordogg

Cordogg New Member

11. azbill

azbill Active Member

very nice tank
    I think your price is reasonable too :)
    seatpost is a cool way to do the setback

good to see people making stuff for our market :clap:
  12. neicull

neicull Member

that's awesome.
  13. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Good products...unfortunately, I had to make my own...wish that seatpost had been around a couple of years ago. :idea:

Attached Files:

14. neicull

neicull Member

Thanks! HoughMade I've seen your bike a couple places online, nice work. I'm having that tank engineered this month and we'll see what recommendations come back.

Does anyone have thoughts on a tank being made from plastic or metal?
  15. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

For 2 reasons, I like metal.

First, it is more authentic for the style of bike you are building.

Second, and perhaps more importantly, liquid flowing into a plastic container can build up static electricity on the surface and if not grounded....that is why gas cans should be placed on the ground when filling up.
  16. neicull

neicull Member

good points. the first point I couldn't agree with more.. I'm getting quote on manufacturing of both injection molded plastic and metal construction. I think the market may define whats affordable and metal is typically very expensive. I'll keep you guys posted.
  17. spbwsean

spbwsean Member

want em!

finally a new tank option! i would love to buy a tank and seat post from you. please message me if you can make me them, give me a price and the req'd info

18. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Plastic or metal tank eah.....given the choice i'de rather metal.
    What about a lockable filler cap?
  19. neicull

neicull Member

I suppose a lockable filler cap would be nice if one can be found. I doubt I'll have that part engineered. I'm sure someone already makes it. I'm looking into the DOT laws on tanks plastic vs. metal. I'm leaning towards metal. It just may be significantly more expensive for the same function as plastic. All in all manufacturing parts for this market is going to be difficult on a short run the ratio of an aftermarket tank to the price of the overall project is the problem..
  20. skyl4rk

skyl4rk Guest