Pull Start pull start not easy to pull

wan37

Local time
9:56 AM
I have a bgf z280 and I put a pull start on it,and it is very hard to pull it. If I'm not careful it can lift the whole bike up when trying to pull.I put it on right too.Just like my other and it's easy to pull.Anybody have any Idea's to make it easy to pull,or work right.

take out the spark plug & pull it several times, then look inside for rub marks

I installed it like my other one.It's not rubbing no where it's the crank is hard to pull.I will double check but i'm really sure it's not rubbing.Any other idea's will help.I have it like this:magnet on shaft washer then pull start wheel then nut,then pull start cover.I also have the lock washers off the magneto.Any help would be great!!I do thank you Crassius..

if you've got two bikes there, then turn the back wheel on both to see if there's any diff in compression - if so, you might want to add a 2nd head gasket

The older bike has a 48cc sky hawk and the pull start works great easy to pull.Now the newer bgf 66cc is the hard one to hard to pull.I put a thicker head gasket on it thinking along the lines as you.I special ordered it from bgf but it didn't help.It is as thick as two of the stock ones at least.I am stumped here!

that still doesn't tell you if one is easier to turn form the back tire or not

if one is easier to turn, then you need to look for why

if they are the same to turn, you need to swap pull start units from one to the other to see if that helps

not a job for a lazy man

well
it doesn't matter which pull start I use the bgf engine is harder to turn back wheel.I'm thinking it just might need to be broken it more....

I have a bgf z280 and I put a pull start on it,and it is very hard to pull it. If I'm not careful it can lift the whole bike up when trying to pull. I put it on right too.Just like my other and it's easy to pull.

My next door neighbour had the same problem you are describing: lifting the bike off the ground trying to turn the engine over with the pull start, then whinging and complaining that the pull start is no good.
He was about to take the pull start off his bike, when i walked over and started the engine with the first pull of the starter cord.

The pull start is not the problem - it's quite likely that the other engine does not have as much compression and I'm thinking that your starting technique is more of the problem.

fabian tell me how to pull it then...please.

It doesn't matter how i try and explain it, because moderators are already hovering over my head; like vultures ready to dive in on a carcass and consume it with glorious fervor.

Anything i say will have me banned for life :devilish:

Back