Pullstart Upgrade For The 460 Engine

5-7HEAVEN

Last edited by a moderator:
5-7,

if you have the parts in hand, with the pics and video you should be able to size one up in minutes.

you know how long and wide the part that bolts to the flywheel has to be, it's half the diameter of the holes longer on each end and that much wider on each side.

all you need to do is reverse engineer the height and length of the upright portion, it's the diameter of the holes shorter on each end than the distance between the holes, it's slightly more than the diameter of the hole tall.

the center dish will have to be worked out from test fitting i guess.

steve

Pm him over and over.
Its a hobby with him.
When I finally got a response the price with a metal pawl and everything necessary was $75.00
He is swamped I believe.

For a decent pullstart for a gp 460

Last edited:
5-7,

if you have the parts in hand, with the pics and video you should be able to size one up in minutes.

you know how long and wide the part that bolts to the flywheel has to be, it's half the diameter of the holes longer on each end and that much wider on each side.

all you need to do is reverse engineer the height and length of the upright portion, it's the diameter of the holes shorter on each end than the distance between the holes, it's slightly more than the diameter of the hole tall.

the center dish will have to be worked out from test fitting i guess.

steve
This seems to be about the best(and cheapest) solution.Pics & vid are there for reference & i don't think it would take extreme effort to get it right first time.
Chevs should have replied to your PM,dunno why he didn't(he did say he was making more)
Amazing though how this is a KNOWN problem & nothing ever gets done about it.......slack. :whistle:
Call a spade a spade....anything someone else can do u can do better. :D

PS....i liked the idea of the clutch pack with adjustable stiffness,saves buying different springs to suit individual requirements.
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.3820/.f

Thanks for responding, guys.

I DID PM Chevy over and over. Now it's time to DIY.:confused:

:unsure:I think a simple piece of bed rails (T-type) or L-type and a flat steel plate riveted together would fit the bill.

Can anyone else come up with a cheap bracket without welding?

5-7
I can't think of anything off-hand without welding,not unless your lucky enough to find something that's meant for another purpose.
I really think Mig/Tig welding is the best solution.If u don't have a welder(i've only got an Arc but that would do it) take it to someone in it's raw 2 piece metal form & get it welded.....thereafter finish it off to your specs.
Brazing is also possible,just not as strong.

Yeah...but

Thanks, fetor. That'll be the last resort.

:unsure: My nephew's a welder.

Detonator, after removing the pullstart, I'll measure the existing part on the flywheel and cut the pieces..

Back