Pullstart

wilbur

Local time
4:36 AM
Has anyone put one of these on ?.I like to start my engines and warm them up before I go and I was wondering if this goes on easy and is there any binding with the pedals?.Thanks.

I have not installed a pull start yet. I've seen threads here about this, and from viewing them and vendor sites, I understand you do have to get new wider cranks (May not be the proper termonology) or adaptors to spread out the pedals to clear the extra width,. Same thing on the other side of the engine if you install a centrifigal clutch.

The wider cranks that come with the SBP shifter had sufficient clearance for the pull start. First rule of thumb on the pull start: replace the OEM cord with a US made one.
The stock cord is good for about 6 pulls before it breaks. I got a generic pull start cord from Home Despot and it was the correct diameter.

I had one for about two weeks, it worked great for the two weeks. Then it broke and siezed the engine. Well i thought it was seized, removed the pull start and engine worked like a champ. your mileage will vary with this

Wow !!.I cant believe that they are that cheap.I have a mountain bike and was wondering if the engine will sit high enough so the pedal wont bind.

Back