Push Trailer Hookup

i bought the motor at tractor supply the reason i bought it was because it fit in my frame i did not know that it could charge a battery with it thanks for the info

No problem. Now you can have some sweet lights on your bike. I'm not sure if it's AC or DC output, (both wires are yellow) you should check that with a multimeter before using. If it's AC, then just use a big diode to turn to DC. If it's DC already, then it's easy.

Good luck with the progress on your bike and the trailer. I think you may have to make a custom hitch for your trailer. A U-joint would work if you could get one. I just put the bars around the seatpost and use two bolts, and it works fine.

Also, I found some Electric-Start 6.5HP engines (that will also charge a battery) but they are more expensive once you add shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018DWBJQ?smid=A18F233SN21KKY&tag=nextag-tools-tier5-20&linkCode=asn
http://www.powerlandonline.com/prod...ASE&utm_medium=CPC&utm_content=&utm_campaign=

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Another positive with a 2.5HP is the mileage. Znsane, Im anxious to see the power difference and Mileage compared to the 6.5. Good Luck.

Well, you could install a Staton rear engine kit on the trailer and still use it for its original purpose.

went for a ride

i took my push trailor for a ride today it goes pretty good but i think that i have a fuel problem because it bucks when it gets up to speed like it is not getting gas maybe the gas line is kinked

Attachments

• 0 001.jpg
    0 001.jpg
    768.8 KB · Views: 434
  • 0 003.jpg
    0 003.jpg
    792.8 KB · Views: 446
  • 0 005.jpg
    0 005.jpg
    759.4 KB · Views: 488
VERY impressive trailer bikeman6969! Nice huge pipe on the hitch and clean design! (I like the thick threaded water pipe)
I see you have a newer version of the Lifan Engine, as the gas tank and air filter box looks different.

The bucking at speed is usually the RPM governor. If you go hard up to top RPM, it will rev up and down trying to keep it at 3600RPM. Try backing off the throttle some when it does that and it should level out at top speed. Or you can remove the gov like I did, and eliminate that hassle. If you are afraid of overrevving w/o a gov, there is a screw to limit the throttle travel.

Also another issue with these engines is the oil sensor. You have to have the oil as full as possible without overfilling, and change oil often, or the engine may shut off on bumps or hard corners. I leave the oil sensor connected for safety, as I forget to check my oil sometimes, but you can disconnect its yellow wire if you prefer.

NICE JOB!!!

Last edited:
yes

here is i picture from the back thank for the info but how do you get the gov off?do you have to take the motor apart?

Attachments

• 0 004.jpg
    0 004.jpg
    790.8 KB · Views: 471
Back