Push Trailer in action...

Discussion in 'Push Trailers' started by macarollo, Mar 4, 2009.

1. macarollo

macarollo Guest

Attached Files:

2. bikeman6969

bikeman6969 Member

Hey Dude
    you might want to pot a bolt in the end of your clutch shaft it looks like the keyway is falling out of it and the clutch could comming flying off.And in your movie it looks like your clutch is sticking.Does it not disengage?Because when I start mine I dont have to have it up on blocks it stays put till i give it gas.But it looks good i like it I have got mine up to 45mph its pretty scary but fun

3. graucho

graucho Active Member

A bolt on the end of the shaft is a must But anyways, if I were to make a pusher, yours would be one I would copy. Lookin like a keeper. OOps I already did copy something. Your pillow block bearings....Thanks. :smile:

Attached Files:

4. macarollo

macarollo Guest

The key is not slipping out.... I just didn't cut it flush when I cut it... so currently it sticks out a little bit. I like the idea of putting a bolt in the end though.... I will try to do that. Thanks.

5. macarollo

macarollo Guest

Normally I do not start it on blocks. The wheel does not roll when it is off the blocks with no gas. Does your wheel spin if you lift it off the ground?

The only reason it is on blocks so I could reve the engine with the bike going flying away. Normally I can start it fine.... no roll off. Maybe my clutch is grabbing a little bit, but I don't know what I can do about that.

6. stude13

stude13 Active Member

fine work.

7. ZnsaneRyder

ZnsaneRyder Member

Nice trailer. I like the yellow and blue. I can't wait to see a video of you going down the road.

If your clutch is grabbing, spray some WD-40 or other lubricant in the clutch bushing.

8. macarollo

macarollo Guest

The paint job sucks... I didn't have any primer handy so I skipped that step! Oh well.

I had a can of yellow caliper paint and decided to use that.

I don't really know how the clutch works... do I have to take it apart to spray the bushing? Normally the bike will not move at all when it is running at idle. I have it on the kickstand and it will not roll.... it might be grabbing ever so slightly.

9. Rgvkid

Rgvkid Member

Great job. Do you have any action vids. The triangulation in the bar looks good and sturdy. Thia way you will get less flex when on the throttle. Let us know how the wheel and clutch hold out. Which clutch are you using?

These push trailers are going to blow up soon. I mean blow up as in your are going to see alot of them with im sure some really creative designs.

Great work! BE SAFE and have fun.

10. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

WD-40 into clutch ?

that's a new one on me -- how long you been doing that ZnsaneRyder ?

ride the motor bike

11. macarollo

macarollo Guest

12. echotraveler

echotraveler Member

thnx for the video.

13. ZnsaneRyder

ZnsaneRyder Member

Hahaha, you were flying on that thing. You were hanging with that car. Just going with the flow of traffic! :)

14. macarollo

macarollo Guest

The Mustang was going too slow for me... he was actually only going 30-35mph. I don't know if he realized a bicycle was trailing him so close.

I really wish my camera was higher up.... oh well... that just means I will have to do it again soon.

I was certainly not trying to hit top speed.... the bike seems faster now with the stronger connection... I think there must have been some power loss with the flimsy aluminum pipe.... that thing was a joke compared to my new setup.

15. macarollo

macarollo Guest

Here is a picture you might enjoy...

Attached Files:

• 49.jpg
      49.jpg
      File size:
      63.2 KB
      Views:
  16. Rgvkid

Rgvkid Member

Great Video. I wish you would of passed the Mustang, but no crossing the double yellow. It must be a blast to run. Great Job!

17. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

retake please

that's what Iam looking forward to -- your new improved camera ride

as we all ride the motor bike thing

18. Rgvkid

Rgvkid Member

Hey Mike, How many miles would you say you put on to get the tire to wear down that much?

I have the same cheap HF tire for its price but i know they wear down pretty quick. Znsane runs the Foam one, and even though they ride a bit better they still wear down also. Im thinking of just using the cheap HF one and having a spare on board just in case. If the tire is too bouncy on the trailer, try lowering the air pressure and let us know if that has any affect on the trailer bounce. It might help.

What clutch are you using?

19. skyl4rk

skyl4rk Guest

Very nice!

\\//,