Pyramid Alloy Double Bicycle Kickstand from niagra bikes

Cool I need 1 of those my center kickstand is useless with the motor on there. I was looking at those that mount near the rear wheel but some opinions here say theyre useless. When I get one itll be from spooky.

Last edited:
this is one of those investments that you be glady purchased.

The stand actually will lift the front wheel of the ground, but i suppose that would be different with wheel sizes, frame sizes etc, which is great for quick fixes on the fly.

It has a super solid feel, no more having to try and use your forks to balance with the crappy little standard issue leg pegs, yeap i love my new stand and am sure you will too!!!

this is one of those investments that you be glady purchased.

The stand actually will lift the front wheel of the ground, but i suppose that would be different with wheel sizes, frame sizes etc, which is great for quick fixes on the fly.

It has a super solid feel, no more having to try and use your forks to balance with the crappy little standard issue leg pegs, yeap i love my new stand and am sure you will too!!!

I totally agree, I just bought another for my friction drive. This kick stand could easily save your very expensive engine. one big fall could do some big damage to a rack mount engine. Just to test it I pushed the bike around with the stand down and it would not fall.

Yes, I ordered this center stand from a vendor on this site -- mounted on a 26" mountain bike with 26X1.90 tires.. OVERALL RATING IN MY OPINION C- Reasons as follow -- sides of the kickstand stick out pretty far so as to make riding close to curbs dangerous -- the stand is not very sturdy -- I had to buy some large rubber nobs from the hardware store so as to make better ground contact. When pedaling my feet come VERY CLOSE to the kickstand... Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Last edited:
sorry to hear that stand isnt living up to its expections for you, i dont understand how it is not sturdy, mine is bullet proof maybe the problem lies at the mounting frame on the bike,

yea it sticks out a little bit and since i have never looked down to see how close it is to my feet that hasnt bothered me. I personally dont like to ride too close to the curbs anyway too much trash and other **** gathers beside the crub, just an invitation for a flat tire.

My bad as i had ordered mine from the first store you mentioned ( i have ordered tons of stuff from the vendors here so not feeling too quilty) , i hope it is of the same quality because mine is solid, once i stand the bike up, it would take a deliberate push to knock it over. The stand mount on my mongoose was threaded so the kickstand fitted perfect.

I hope you can work out the kinks,theres nothing worse than buying a part and finding out after the fact its not going to work for you ahhh!!!!

it works great for me, sorry you had those problems
I have been using the center stand for a few more days now -- and the C- rating is just for my bike -- mountain bike.. I think that for many others the outcome could be much better (as noted by many). Don't get me wrong --- with the C- rating - to me it means - yes I would buy it again.. Staying away from the curbs --- YES I do my best --- it's just that some silly road planners here in So. Ca. did not on some very busy roads --- put in any bike lanes --- with no where left but kissing the curb !!! It seems hard to believe in these days of much bicycle traffic that a nice WIDE BIKE LANE would be overlooked while setting up ANY ROAD WAY... Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Is anyone else having success with this stand on a mountain bike (and hopefully friction drive)? Im worried it wouldnt fit my bike well, but I also need a stand that doesnt suck like the factory one. How can you tell if it would fit? Any1 have pictures of theirs? :confused:

hi stringer, no pic but just went and measured from the length of the stand, from the mounting plate with the stand on the ground is 1 ft,

because i have a gebe setup this lifts my front wheel of the ground slighty as all the weight is on the back, but the stand acts like a see saw and i can push down on the front to lift the back, perfect for minor repairs fiddling etc.

i have a mongoose with 26 inch wheels.

wow thanks alot!

im new to bikes im not sure i understand though. so i just measured on my bike, from point A (bottom of frame where plate mounts) to point B (straight down to the ground) is 10.5". this is a mountain bike with 26" wheels. am i to assume this would fit good?

Back