Q-matic Mirage!!

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
Apparently, the order I was about to place with the EZ Motorbike Company is off, as they stopped answering my e-mails just when I was ready to send off a check. Only
God knows why. This may be a blessing in disguise, as I am interested in CVTs, and may
order a pocketbike CVT and learn how to mate it to a 4 stroke. The CVT trans is a proven solution with stock CVTs available from several suppliers at about $70. Originally I didn't want to develop this solution due to the time required but if someone does this the technology could be used for 4 strokes from 25-49cc. This solution is relatively low cost with big potential. I agree with Andy, a good CVT is the answer.

Well, I just got a response from EZ Motorbike Company, so I will send them a check for
a q-matic to swap out my Grubee gearbox on the HS142FAG engine. I'll have to wait though for the drive to be fabbed. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress. Mike

Wait time

I'm still waiting for unbiased owner reviews.

But, what's the expected wait time on these?

Thnx

I see nothing has really changed with EZM. I've been out for nearly a year, and all I read is hype FROM them. Where ARE the public unbiased reviews?

I ordered a Skyhawk / Grubee ll, a 48cc with an Anglefire 45-degree head complete kit $169. With free shipping. The kit comes today via FedEx.
I hear that no more small two-stroke engines will be sold to CA in 2010 hope I can buy parts for mine. I’ll order an EZM kit from Mike after my new Chinese motor can’t be rebuilt any more.

Just a quick update concerning the Q-Matic.

We are currently in full production on version #4 [hundreds currently in the assembly process]

We have been swamped with orders, and I regret some of our vendors weren't able to maintain the pace. We located several new companys to increase the supply and can now ship up to 25 systems per day

After almost 2 years of testing, re-design, and cost cutting the Q-Matic is being shipped daily in large quanities. Yesterdays shipments included orders to IL [Mike S.], CA [6], OH, FL, NC [3], Canada [2], TX, NE, MA, and VA.

Production version #4 uses special aluminum alloys, custom made drive pulley, hi speed idler bearings, and the bearing support brackets have been re-designed to allow easier access.

All previous production runs are compatable and all parts are interchangable between all versions produced.

The changes between Production version #3 & #4 are minor, however we were able to reduce the final weight of the drive by a fair amount. The use of special alloys [only produced by one American company] has allowed us to re-design the bracket, increase the stength, and control cost [cost increased by $9.75 over original estimates].

Warranty issues so far have been limited to one. We exchanged a Max Torque clutch, due to a rough bushing.

I will include several pictures of the current production Q-Matic.

Have fun,

Attachments

• 400002a.jpg
    400002a.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 380
  • 400002b.jpg
    400002b.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 381
  • 400002c.jpg
    400002c.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 399
It looks very well made, well thought out.
We finally get to see behind the "black curtain" outer cover!
I certainly will get one when finances allow.

Got my q-matic drive today, mailed by priority mail, nicely packaged. It looks pretty tough, and weighs just over 6.5 lbs, which I consider relatively light. I believe I read somewhere the Nuvinci drive comes in at 8-9 lbs. There's no manual to guide installation, but it looks fairly simple to install. Installation and testing will have to wait for a little while, but eventually I will install it and take some videos. Mike S

Can't compare apples to oranges.

With Q-matic you still have 1 speed bike.

NuVinci has infinite variable gearing within 350% range.

Not that I am a NuVinci fan due to its weight and hefty price.

But I wouldn't pay $250 bucks for 1 (single) speed box either.

Looking toward CVT build now.

Back