[Q](Speed)Piranha 150cc E Start vs Lifan 150cc E Start vs Pitster Pro 150cc E Start (HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CriZTiD

Local time
5:05 AM
Okay I'll start off with what someone posted on another thread he said:
50rider340 said:
Hey I nknow this is a super old thread but thought I'd throw my O2cents in it. Depends if you running dirt or street. Street use lifan all the way 4th gear is less than 1.00 and the piranha is over 1.00. So for dirt I would go with the piranha. For street hands down all my buddies running the piranhas and even the yx160s band through all the gears before I even his 3rd. Its an excellent cruising motor. But they do have there problems you gotta always kick them over at top dead to avoid cracking cases but that goes for both engines. Out of the two I like the lifan the most just because the larger gear ratios. If you wanna see one rip that I managed to fit/machine a xr/crf50 takegawa F6 super head on which is a honda style head on the lifan mid block stud pattern and accept the 32tooth cam gear sproket, it ate up every YX motor even ones with 50 more cc's and V2 heads. heres a video. [video=youtube;818vn90UzVg]

I'm trying to find out more info on this claim and where to get what I need to do this if I already had the Lifan 150cc engine and this is what I said and asked the person.

Is this the Lifan you're talking about 150cc Manual Electric Start Engine Motor PIT PRO TRAIL DIRT POSTIE BIKE THUMP US | eBay
Furthermore what does the 32tooth mod bring it up to in max speed and does it turn the engine into a 160cc? My mechanic at Acworth Cycle & ATV has been telling me I could put 500 miles on the engine and do a mod to it, so would or is that the same thing here, or would that bring this up to a 190 instead of a 180 mod?

I do like that fact it's a hundred bucks less than a Piranha and I need Electric start for my street lights and am looking for MAX Speed and Speed modificatios to put on this Pagsta Choppa
z2kuaFK.jpg
dY0gpbb.jpg

Right now its got a pit engine Lifan 125cc and gets up to 50/55mph max, I never seen a Lifan 150cc Electric start until after I made a down payment on the Piranha 150cc

But after 500mile mod which engine can I get to max top speed basically, not that I'd ride at that but just in case? LoL

Anyone here care to step in on this? I seen a guy on YouTube with a Pagsta Choppa and a 200cc engine, but all the right sized 200cc's had no electric start or cdi for lights either even, so I'm thinking the best safest and fastest mod I can do is one of the 2 150's better sprockets, maybe better carb and a fuel injector and then last but not least the 500 mile engine, valve, piston mod.

Or would this PitsterPro 150cc allow me the fastest engine modifications for more speed
PitsterPro PP-150-ES 150CC Electric Start Crate Engine | eBay
I see there's this 201cc bore kit 187-201cc Basic Big Bore Kit - TBW9145 - YX/GPX/Zongchen 150/155/160cc Engines but not sure if it'd work with this engine.

Would the Pitster Pro allow for the largest fastest modifications?

Below you can see the space for the engines.
tCbRKhz.jpg

8RYFHtl.jpg

TrgrYdN.jpg

I've been longing to find a close to 200cc engine that would fit it properly and give me the speed I want instead of just putting it alongside the road keeping up traffic, and how would it hold up longevity wise on maybe a daily commute nearly or at least 4 days out of a week.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Asking this on all boards cause I've already got $450 down paid on the Piranha 150 but if the PitsterPro does indeed have more afertmarket speed modifications available for it, I'll gladly tell him not to order the Piranha and get that one instead and I'm about to pay a hundred or so more on the Piranha, so need answers soon.

So here is some info for you lifan,loncin,pister pro,piranha,zongshen,towkawa and im sure there is more names out there all made by ducar engines the biggest manufacture in china they do so well the province that there in is named after them they make engines for honda and yamaha as well!So do your research and choose whats best for your application there will be different gearing's to consider and so on,The big bore kits should fit all of them and any after market upgrades also should fit all!You wont find many with ducar's name on it but they are out there and actually a pretty good engine!

Attachments

• ducar 125cc.JPG
    ducar 125cc.JPG
    299.4 KB · Views: 1,239
So here is some info for you lifan,loncin,pister pro,piranha,zongshen,towkawa and im sure there is more names out there all made by ducar engines the biggest manufacture in china they do so well the province that there in is named after them they make engines for honda and yamaha as well!So do your research and choose whats best for your application there will be different gearing's to consider and so on,The big bore kits should fit all of them and any after market upgrades also should fit all!You wont find many with ducar's name on it but they are out there and actually a pretty good engine!
Only thing, concern that peaks my curiosity is the claim that 50rider340 made about Lifans being better on street bikes, since that's what I've got, it made me wonder if Pitster would be the same as the claim he made for the Piranha engine, as far as research goes, I wouldn't know where to look or whether to make heads nor tails of it if I found something, as mechanics and gears go over my head, I'm more technically and digitally inclined and mechanically declined, so to speak! LoL
Depends if you running dirt or street. Street use lifan all the way 4th gear is less than 1.00 and the piranha is over 1.00.

Well whom ever your ordering through should be able to get the specs for engines they carry and be able to see that some are geared for offroad use!They should be willing to help you get the best one suited to your wants and needs,If not go some where that will!love that bike btw! looks great and 55mph is respectable for its weight and size!Im sure I would want to get the most I could out of it as well but I would want to keep it reliable to it's not like you can peddle it home if broke down!

Well whom ever your ordering through should be able to get the specs for engines they carry and be able to see that some are geared for offroad use!They should be willing to help you get the best one suited to your wants and needs,If not go some where that will!love that bike btw! looks great and 55mph is respectable for its weight and size!Im sure I would want to get the most I could out of it as well but I would want to keep it reliable to it's not like you can peddle it home if broke down!
And there-in-lies the problem, I'm finding it for him then he's ordering it for me from the source I give, he's a lil small but big time popular brick and mortar shop, with some very limited catalog resources, but very knowledgeable in Motorcycles, ATV's, Small Engines and Scooters. Which is why I'M ASKING Around "which is etc..". LoL

But soon he'll have much more resources as I'm taking his office and going all digital with it for him, he hired me to help set it up, find what he needs and is giving me a bit of a discount on the grand total for helping him out, then maybe I'll have a new PC Client too kind of. haha

Not to mention he's the only shop around that'll even look at it, Mountain Motor Sports and WOW Motorcycles scratches their heads at it and dunno WTF to say except that they don't work on Chinese Scooters. LMAO SMH

I've seen 2 other Small Engine, Motorcycle and ATV shops come and go within the blink of an eye and this guy has stayed put and in place for at least 25 years now, so very reputable guys.

Last edited:
I only paid $300 for it off Craigslist it then had a 97cc 4 speed manual with a stripped 3rd gear and I taught myself to drive it in two huge parking lots. I love it but would like it a lot more to be able to someday have up to a 180/190/200cc in it, I think that would be more than enough speed for me then too, considering if a Rebel 250cc maxes at 85, I might be almost pushing around the same speed, with the right sprockets, carb, fuel injector, engine and mod eventually. Street cruiser bike with pitbike performance racing parts!

Last edited:
Ok I see what your saying the pister pro is a favorite with guys running the motoped off road the lifan and loncin engines are common in pit bikes and mini choppers,quads and such,so see if you can obtain the specs on some of them and then show your guy at shop to help determine what is best for you!

Ok I see what your saying the pister pro is a favorite with guys running the motoped off road the lifan and loncin engines are common in pit bikes and mini choppers,quads and such,so see if you can obtain the specs on some of them and then show your guy at shop to help determine what is best for you!
I guess then Lifan really would be the choice for me, I can hardly see putting that Cruiser in the dirt!! haha

eqIkKHJ.png

ZXO8qLf.png

And it'd come to $624.99 the Piranha would've come to $650 and the Pitster would've been $679, but as it seems now I suppose Pitster is really just another Piranha and I'd prolly be slugging it around once I'd put it in 4th gear topped out as opposed to the Lifan... My gut instinct was telling me to go with the Lifan.

Had 2 Lifan's a 125cc semi-automatic that am mechanic installed with a gun, admitted to it when I questioned him about a oil leak and made me lose his business for cracking my engine casing and leaving it up to me to fix, then a second Lifan 125cc manual from the other guys, but that was the largest their catalogs had and they could only get it in a Pit engine model with no electric start, so right now it's been a strictly daylight bike.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back