Quad Bike Build - concept - build underway

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Ytyukon, May 28, 2016.

1. Ytyukon

Ytyukon Member

Dont have to worry bout the trike. I am in the works of building quad bike. This is my design...patent pending please ask to use. <not all the parts and pieces are in detail>. Building the quad bike from lowrider frame. starting to build this tomorrow.

2. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

What motor you using? The stock HT engine won't pull it very well since it looks very heavy
  3. Ytyukon

Ytyukon Member

just the one on the lowrider pk 80/66cc .
    got the axle nearly done...need a couple washers, bearings, and inside spacers. am surprised its gonna work.
  4. Hello Moto!

Hello Moto! Active Member

The handlebars seem to be defying the laws of physics and our bodies mechanical abilities as well o_O :D
  5. skyash

skyash Active Member

can buy one $6000 look up quad push bike pics on google .full shocks disk brake just like a really small car frame with a bike on top
  6. rjriggs

rjriggs Member

American Speedster sells plans for several models of quad bikes made out of PVC, reinforced in a few key areas by putting wooden rods or steel pipes in certain key areas. No welding is required, and they should be (relatively) cheap to build and easy to put together.

[​IMG] http://americanspeedster.com/
  7. Frankfort MB's

You also have to watch out because some states will make you get liscenses because it has 4 wheels
  8. Hello Moto!

Hello Moto! Active Member

Boat seats! That''s a nifty idea lol. Probably relatively light weight with the PVC. I don't know if I'd put a motor on it though.
  9. Ytyukon

Ytyukon Member

clearer picture of project.
  10. Ytyukon

Ytyukon Member

the pvc is reinforced with steel inside. threaded rod with a steel sheathing between. pretty simple. if i can strengthen the back end okay with steel should be okay. left side wheel turns freely, right side is differential <locked to bar>.
    am hoping to get the bracing done today and front wheel on.
    then i build the jackshaft drive which is pretty simple as well.
  11. Frankfort MB's

What kind of wheels are you using? Most trike wheel bearings won't hold, if you change them to a sealed high speed bearing they last a lot longer
  12. AutOtaku

AutOtaku Member

Not to be a downer but this looks very similar to a RhoadesCar 'GoBoy'
  13. butre

butre Well-Known Member

you've basically designed a straight axle ATV.
  14. David Bogle

David Bogle Member

Good luck with the steering if you plan to make it as shown, you might need to consider power steering, I just can't see this working properly.