Quality twist throttle?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by stringer, Jul 19, 2008.

1. stringer

stringer Banned

Has anyone had luck with a good quality twist throttle set? The one that came with the staton kit is pure junk. It keep snagging up, and its made out of communist chinese pot metal.

I would really like to order an all-weather twist throttle with a built in kill switch. But im afraid I dont know which to buy, and im worried about compatability issues. And would I need a cable too? I have a cable for the staton twist, it came installed. My bar is 7/8's.

Any ideas? :grin:

2. crazyman

crazyman New Member

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  3. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

There are what someone has called (Good) twist throttles mentioned in another thread... Sorry that I don't remember where I saw it -- don't give up.. Happy Riding from - Mountainman

4. stude13

stude13 Active Member

you could check out scootercatalog

5. stringer

stringer Banned

Thats the EXACT throttle i have now that came with the staton kit, it feels like junk. The reviews on that site pretty much sum it up ... 1.6/5 stars.

Im looking around now for a good one. Hopefully I can find something. I dont mind being the guinea pig. What about a dirt bike throttle, would that work?

6. stringer

stringer Banned

7. stringer

stringer Banned

Can anyone elaborate on "straight pull" vs "side pull" throttle kits? I see them both advertised but am unsure which style I need. :confused:

Also, what cable size are you ppl finding to be correct for a 26" mountain bike/rack mount? staton supplied cable is 60". i dont have anything installed at all, but it seems like maybe a 54" would be a good fit?

8. stringer

stringer Banned

9. flyingseatoad

flyingseatoad New Member

10. wayde

wayde Guest

11. stringer

stringer Banned

Hi, that seems to be an invalid link. Which throttle kit do you have? thanks.

12. wayde

wayde Guest

13. muddawg

muddawg Member