Quarkdude's bike with Boost Bottle installed ( PICS )

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed the 70cc boost kit on my dax 70cc today and it seems much louder and I think there is more vibration. The acceleration rocks though and it seems like I'm going faster. I tried playing with the carb to slow down the idle but it doesnt react the same. I'll have to play with it some more tomorrow.

I Though It Was Sopose To Make The Engine Run Smoother And Were Did U Get Ure At

Boost Bottle

:DWhat a rush and a pain!
My custom made boost bottle arrived last week, and I installed it over the past couple of days. The GX160 doesn't have an intake, so, I did what any gearhead would do. After locating a piece of billet aluminum, I made a spacer by hand. I had to cut off the barb quite a bit, but let me say this, now the engine does run smoother AND, I can bounce the speedo needle off the rpm on my gauge. Before it would just go to 50.

Anybody that doubts this works , I can tell them that it does!

I will post a pic of how I mounted it later.

Scrollerguy

Gauge, it is a 4 stroke, will post pics soon. Works like a charm.

Scrllerguy

Unable to add pics

:eek: Have tried several times to add pics, no dice. What am I doing wrong?

Scrollerguy

Boost Bottle Pics...At Last!!!

:D Here are the pics of the install and the spacer I had to make. There was not an easy place to attach the bottle, so for right now it's secured with wire ties. This winter I will disassemble, repaint, flame, remount the bottle the way it should be.

The speedo pic is to show you where the R in RPM is, that's where the needle goes to now and stays there. Not sure how much faster it is, but I know it is. DSCF0112.JPG

DSCF0111-1.JPG

DSCF0110-1.JPG

DSCF0108-1.JPG

Scrollerguy

:DWhat a rush and a pain!
My custom made boost bottle arrived last week, and I installed it over the past couple of days. The GX160 doesn't have an intake, so, I did what any gearhead would do. After locating a piece of billet aluminum, I made a spacer by hand. I had to cut off the barb quite a bit, but let me say this, now the engine does run smoother AND, I can bounce the speedo needle off the rpm on my gauge. Before it would just go to 50.

Anybody that doubts this works , I can tell them that it does!

I will post a pic of how I mounted it later.

Scrollerguy

Hello Scrollerguy,
Nice to hear how smooth your engine runs now and that the Boost bottle made your top end go up a little also. Wow, there is a lot of engine between those pedals. What is it like on a bike going over 50mph, sounds like a lot of fun. I just got mine up to 37 mph yesterday, the fastest it's been so far. I have been thinking about getting a 34 or 36 tooth sprocket to see what difference it will have for top speed. Awesome fabrication for the intake tap for the boost bottle.
.........quarkdude

Boost Bottle

:D Thanks, I wouldn't have tried it without your advice. The folks at BBI were really nice, it cost $35.00 shipped. And yes, I will have NOS on it next summer. The trees go by real fast!

Scrollerguy

i dont see how a boost bottle works well on a fourstroke due to the valves but if u say it works i take ure word for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back