Quarkdude's bike with Boost Bottle installed ( PICS )

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that's what it is,but the idle thing totally outweighs the benefits. I mean I'm simply not really peddling anymore.
Anyway,you can't see this in Picture 1 but that hose being close to the fins has actually melted some. Also the gas that's in there is stretching it out. Not too good,even with the zip tie clamp. Notice the new position of the boost bottle. This position is teh supafly.
Picture 2:
So off to the parts store for some bonafide fuel line and some clamps. It's also thicker,so the heat from the engine's not gonna affect it much.
Remember kids,place the nipple AWAY from the engine. Jot that down in your notes. The clamp to the boost bottle you really don't need but it's teh supafly so there.
Picture 3:
I rigged a serpentine belt to keep the hose away. Looking at the pic I see that it's still touching the fin so I placed another one one fin down. It clears it now,but it's so thick that I'm really not worried.

So I took it out and the choke is still not stopping the engine. Ah it's cool.
Anything extra you need to do to your bike when riding is okay in my book cause it gives your ride a certain character.
I love this mod,though. It's so smooth,man. So smooth.

try reversing the bottel,in my instruction,s it say,s to make the nipple end piont down.

HI,

Yes I saw the point about the nipple that should point down....given the limited clearance in mounting the bottle vertically so the it is above the carb I am thinking of closing off the factory nipple position and relocating the nipple to the bottom side of the end where the nipple currently sits....that way in the case of a sloping top tube, all the liquid gas or vapors would be aiming down at the carb....In the case of a horizonal top tube I would relocate the nipple to the bottom part of the boost bottle (running lengthwise) and fasten the entire assy to the top tube above the carb. Doesn't seem like that would be too hard to do and I could sweat the joint like a plumber foes since it is not high temp anyways.
Andrew

Yes. Take that same drill bit and that same tap used in the intake manifold and use the same nipple. Then just cap off the original hole...finding a brass cap may be a hassle,though. Lowels had the wrong size fittings with standard threads.
Maybe I can twist tie the back to the seat post and the front to the frame...a third twist tie in the middle for reinforcement. Or maybe just mount it vertically on the seat post....no. That puts it below the carb on my bike.

Hello all,
Work has been crazy, haven't had time to check the site. That is awesome Large Filipino that you Boost bottle mod is working. I also had some thinking going on when I drilled and tapped my intake manifold to mount the nipple. I was able to drill and tap the hole right on the angle where the intake makes a bend. At first i thought it might crack the weld that was already there, but I dedicated the drill bit and went for it and luckily the hole went in perfect as well as the tap. Very glad to see that your engine runs smoother. Mine sure does also. I think that there is a 90degree elbow available for an NPT fitting that might work to position the intake tube to the boost bottle in a straight down direction from the horizontally mouted boost bottle. I will look for one and try it on my bike and see if that helps the start up RPM.
........Thanks, quarkdude

I decided to ditch that suspension seat post today cause it uses up so much post. I swapped it for a regular post so I can bring my seat down way low. Then I used my rack or whatever to tilt that boost bottle some. Honestly I can't tell any difference but I see why this needs to be done. So gas doesn't pool in the bottle.
Not to start another thread but dropping that seat down almost to the frame turned my whole ride into a cool area. It completly changed my riding posture and I love it. Pedaling is harder without standing up but with all the mods on my engine it's really not a burden at all.
I feel so fly now.
Next mod definetly is that 36 tooth rear sprocket.

Attachments

• 100_0347 copy.JPG
    100_0347 copy.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 1,214
Large - I had the suspension post for a while, but got rid of it for the same reason. It kept me up too high. Riding a little lower helped the center of gravity, making handling much easier.

I finally got my boost bottle installed today. I had one of the guys that works in the Scooter shop next to where I work drill and tap the hole in the intake manifold for me. I didn't adjust the idle after installing the boost and noticed that my engine sounded as if I had the throttle about 1/3 to 1/2 open at idle with the bottle installed. Thats a LOT of extra power! After adjusting the idle down to an acceptable level I noticed the improvements pretty much immediately, the motor has less of a chainsaw noise and more of a nice purr to it. Picking up speed is easier as well, I love it. Haven't tested out the new top-speed yet as my wheels could really use a little work, truing, tightening up the bearings, etc. I'll try and get some pics up when I get home tonight, thanks for the inspiration Quarkdude! :)

That is encouraging news....while the bottle supposedly make the most difference down low and in the mid range...hopefully we can get some more top end too!...keep us posted....after I finish my "ram induction manifold" I will add the boost bottle too..
Andrew

Another Boost Bottle owner with 2 thumbs up.

I finally got my boost bottle installed today. I had one of the guys that works in the Scooter shop next to where I work drill and tap the hole in the intake manifold for me. I didn't adjust the idle after installing the boost and noticed that my engine sounded as if I had the throttle about 1/3 to 1/2 open at idle with the bottle installed. Thats a LOT of extra power! After adjusting the idle down to an acceptable level I noticed the improvements pretty much immediately, the motor has less of a chainsaw noise and more of a nice purr to it. Picking up speed is easier as well, I love it. Haven't tested out the new top-speed yet as my wheels could really use a little work, truing, tightening up the bearings, etc. I'll try and get some pics up when I get home tonight, thanks for the inspiration Quarkdude! :)

Hello Asz,
That is awesome that the boost bottle has the results that you have mentioned. I bet the scooter shop next door is jealous now. ha ha.. They might be drilling and tapping on a Vespa or something now. Just as your bike, mine also has a nice purr to it as well as a quicker response in revving up on the throttle. I have just finsished tuning the carb jetting on one of my co-workers motorized bikes ( 80cc chinese engine ). So now we have the spark plug color coming out that greyish/light brown that it needs to be to be running perfect, so now it is time to make the boost bottle order for his bike. I love the boost bottle mod - it just plain works. Can't wait to see pictures of your bike if you get a chance. Thanks Asz, you rock!
...............quarkdude

Maybe it won't be long before the boost bottle people start looking into a fitted intake manifold for the happy time,cause this is a bonified performance enhancement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back