Question about gas and carb?

gomabman1914

Local time
3:46 PM
Hello all. I bought my 48 cc motorbike several months ago and I finally had time to put it together. Unfortunately I haven't been able to start it. There's gas leaking from that valvle looking thing just below the gas tank and I also don't know how to control the silver leaver on the carburetor. Does up stop gas flow or does down stop gas flow. I took the plug off and it was soaked.

:cry::cry:

Gomab?...You should have got a manual in sufficient detail to show which direction is which for the valves, choke, etc. Including, the choke valve for you. If not, check the correct website...Freebies are always good, as long as they don't include other "free" stuff. Usually it is like a light switch "Up is on, down is off". But that is not a hard and fast rule. Same with the choke switch...gonna just have to play around. It is rather presumed that when you smell the gas it is getting too much, so open the choke. Likewise, when you don't smell any, try giving it some gas.

I use the 1/4 turn valve rule to remember.....handle in line with the line is on, and across the line is off. Sometimes they use an I and O. European I think, but I use O as off, and just forget about the I.

Back