Question about the Spark plug

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by bilboby, May 18, 2010.

1. bilboby

bilboby Member

After just two tests with a BGF rear friction engine i've decided on changing the stock sparkplug LD L7T which came with the kit for a type active AX80. What are the thought's from the more experienced MB riders on this matter as i get the impression the AX80 give's more power than the L7T? Is this possibly so or should i continue using the original plug?

PS: Sorry if a related topic has been posted before and if so then Mr Moderator you can delete this post.

2. professor

professor Active Member

My opinion is if the plug fires the mixture- you are golden.
    Not talking about reading the fuel ratio or heat ranges.
    Spark plug are a lot like shock absorbers in that there is a lot of hocus-pocus advertising about them.
    If what you put in works- good. If the stock plug works- good. There is no power advantage to spark plugs that I know of for choosing one over the other.
  3. bilboby

bilboby Member

Cheers for the info and i agree as manufacturers will alway's say their product is better than their rival's. However one of the reason's why i posted about this topic was basically because the new stock plug took a lifetime to fire up whilst the older (raided from a Active 50cc) AX80 fired up after one pull of the clutch cord. Once again

4. professor

professor Active Member

Well Boby, you know what to do. Put in the plug that works best. As a comparison point- both plugs need to be new, used ones can have oil or residue on them and not fire right.
    Whenever I have an engine (especially a2 stroke) that doesn't start good- the first thing is a new plug- big difference usually.