question on fuel additives TAKE LOOK

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by sourdiesel404, Nov 5, 2014.

1. sourdiesel404

sourdiesel404 Member

is it safe to add octane booster to these bikes say 110 octane? i wanna see how well it runs on it but i figured i would get some others opinions on it. thanks mine is 2stroke 66cc by the way

2. butre

butre Well-Known Member

do that all you want, just remember higher octane fuel has less energy density.

3. jhammondcpa

jhammondcpa Active Member

It really runs great on Ethanol free 92 Octane at 40:1!!

Jimmy

4. sourdiesel404

sourdiesel404 Member

i figured there would be more energy because it can compress more before igniting. so your saying it wont make my bike faster?

5. Robot

Robot New Member

In Reply,

High octane fuel is more efficient if the compression ratio demands high octane in general Hot Rod Magazine has reviewed and concluded more than once higher octane fuel will produce the same amount of power "work"with less volume "MPG". Webcam video from March 21, 2014 7 50 AM - YouTube.jpg

6. Robot

Robot New Member

Re:

Octane boast is likely a waste of money on any engine rated a 9.0/1 compression ratio the 66cc kit bike are rated less than 7 from what I've reviewed from most sources ..

Attached Files:

sourdiesel404 likes this.
  7. sourdiesel404

sourdiesel404 Member

i guess i wont be wasting my money then lol

8. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

:iagree: and in saying, the carburettor will need to have the jetting adjusted to run optimally on the altered fuel composition.

9. sourdiesel404

sourdiesel404 Member

ok i got my bike running an on the road first time in year yesterday was my birthday. but my bike wont start or run unless i have thechoke atleast 1/8 on i have a bannana expansion chamber exhaust i think im getting rid of air quicker then gas an thats why ineed choke on what kind of carb should i get to fix this?

10. Timbone

Timbone Active Member

Two comments:

1)It is not unusual for your engine to want choke on the cold start and

2) Make sure your air filter is clean. I just cleaned mine out and it made all the difference in the world!

=Timbone=

11. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

You don't need a new carburettor. The standard NT carburettor works perfectly well once it has been jetted correctly.

12. sourdiesel404

sourdiesel404 Member

I have a metal air filter UFO nt speed carb

13. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Or there's some trash in the carb. Needing it 1/8th closed means restricted fuel flow, see how it runs without the air breather. Easy to do, if it improves you'll know for sure.

14. battery

battery Member

I'm no expert, but I would imagine that the 2 stroke oil Lee's the octane if the fuel correct? I have always preferred to use 93 octane and octane boost and use a touch more oil in the mix

15. Purple Haze

Purple Haze Active Member

Unless you are running very high compression, you don't need octane boost. Just be making some very expensive exhaust fumes.