Tires Quick Brick tire

Discussion in 'Bicycle Repair' started by butch27, Sep 6, 2008.

1. butch27

butch27 Guest

What is the difference between the Thick Brick and the Quick Brick tire and where can I get one for a 26" Worksman rim?

2. monstermetal

monstermetal New Member

Felt Tires...

Any Felt dealer should be able to order you one (if they will or not is another story) The only difference between the thick and the quick is the size.. the thick bricks are 3" wide and I think the quick bricks are 2.125....

3. hotrodlincoln

hotrodlincoln Member

Quick bricks are 26x 2.125 and Thick bricks are 24 x 3" . I have a pair of white unused quick bricks. If I don't end up using them I will sell them, they came with my felt 1903.

4. butch27

butch27 Guest

I'm looking for a blackwall.

5. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

If and when you decide to sell them, PM me. Thanks.

6. Drunkskunk

Drunkskunk Member

Or me. I'd buy them

7. MyrmidonJuan

MyrmidonJuan New Member

What's the difference between whitewall and blackwall? Blackwalls just basically black tires?

8. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

I'm going to do this the way I do when I teach in law school:

Below are two bikes. Which one has blackwall tires and which one has whitewall tires?

Seriously, I understand the confusion because whitewall tires have a white strip, but so-called "blackwall" tires are all black- no stripe of any kind. Adding to the goofiness is all-white tires (not called "whitewalls") all red tires and gum wall tires.

Attached Files:

9. MyrmidonJuan

MyrmidonJuan New Member

You do realize that now I have to ask YOU about gumwall tires now. What are they?

10. azbill

azbill Active Member

they are reddish/orangish brown on the sidewalls
    mostly road bikes use them (27"/700mm) tires

11. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

"Many bicycle tires are "gumwalls" or "skinwalls." Gumwall tires have tan sidewalls, with no carbon black. This may make the sidewalls slightly more flexible, reducing rolling resistance. It is not clear to what extent this makes a difference."

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tires.html

Attached Files:

12. loquin

loquin Active Member

Gumwall tires are more susceptible to UV damage from sunlight.

13. hurricane billy

hurricane billy New Member

i myself would not mind buying the white 1903 felt tire also. they are solid white if i remember wright

14. dv8cam

dv8cam Guest

I AM INTERESTED IN BUYING your tires if they are both 26 x 2.125. Also, have you stripped the paint off your 1903 yet?

15. hotrodlincoln

hotrodlincoln Member

Hey DV8cam, I sold those months ago, There is a bike shop by me that has them in pomona california, last time I went in they had them in stock. Here's the website link coatescyclery.com.
    Funny you should ask about it, I just pulled it out yesterday to start working on it again. It has been stalled since march, we had a baby on march 12th and all my projects went on hold for awhile. I am waiting until I get the bike up and running before I strip the paint off in case I have clearance issues with the tire, I'm running a thick brick in the back. I am close to having it running and I will post some progress pics soon.
    Hotrodlincoln