quick muffler fix... flexiable steel tubing for cheap...

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by thine82, Apr 5, 2010.

1. thine82

thine82 Member

has anyone used jb weld or pc feirenhieght epoxy to fix their mufflers or have you made your own custom silent exhaust?
    message me so i know what to use because i built a custom tube but not to sure how long it will last and i need help how to permentaly connect the flexiable steel tubing to my muffler...please give any suggestions....

2. joey d

joey d Member

I'm not sure if your talking about the flexible steel hose I'm picturing. Tin light gauge stuff. I have tried jb weld and it burned off the first ride. If it is what I am picturing. I would try A rap of tiger exhaust repair tape from the auto parts store to make a seal and hose clamps to hold the hose on there.

3. chefdouglas

chefdouglas Member

Just be careful, if the muffler comes off at high speed and goes under your wheel you may not like it. I took the fake catalytic converter and baffles out of my muffler and put two chore boys (copper wool scrubbers) in to cut the sound. The exhaust breaths better and gave me some more speed with little more noise. If your goal is just to keep the sound down fiberglass wrap will cut out some sound also clamp the muffler to the frame to keep vibbration down. There are some good posts about stelfing a MB.

4. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

I loosely packed steel wool arround my baffle. Works great, I can hear the motor noise instead of the exaust now!