quick question!

zippinaround

Local time
3:37 AM
I decided to check out the wiring on my ht today,
What I found was that the two wires from the kill switch (one green one red and yellow) the green was joined to the blue and the other is joined to the white wire!

Will this have damaged the coil or cdi? Should it be joined to the black wire?

One wire from the kill switch should be connected to the frame to provide a ground. I hooked mine around one of the bottle cage bolts. In my experience, the other wire from the kill switch can be connected to any wire from the engine except the white one.
Have a Guinness for me. They don't taste as good in the states. The Harp is good over here. They brew Harp in Canada.

On the other hand, I think I did hook one wire from the kill switch to the white wire and the other to ground. I don't think hooking it to a coil wire will hurt anything.

would having it wired the way i mentioned damage the cdi or coil though?

its been like that since i got it and i presume thats how it was wired first day! it did kill the engine wired this way but the engine did seem to misfire a lot.

i now have it wired green to blue and yellow ground to the bottle cage bolt will try it tomorrow and see if it makes a difference to the misfiring!

Most experienced builders hook one kill wire to blue, the other to black and will tell you to cut or capoff the white wire.But what do I know? I've only been doing this a short time, 10 years or so. I used the white wire when I was a NOOB, untill coils started going out. the white wire creates a direct short in the coil killing it quicker. BUT like I keep saying,
IT'S YOUR BIKE, BUILD IT YOUR WAY.
Big Red.

what i want to know is could it have damaged anything having it hooked up one wire to the blue and the other to the white? or will it be ok now that i've changed it?

running=good.

anything else = cooked :)

those white wire ones...they always burn out, sooner or later. yes, i have an old one kicking around still, but its the exception...

whether you hook white up or remove it, they still seem to die prematurely!

i stick to the old clutch dump at idle for killing :)

running=good.

anything else = cooked :)

those white wire ones...they always burn out, sooner or later. yes, i have an old one kicking around still, but its the exception...

whether you hook white up or remove it, they still seem to die prematurely!

i stick to the old clutch dump at idle for killing :)

Or perhaps ya noticed the ones with the white wire burning up because THATS THE ONLY KIND THERE WAS untill recently. I noticed if the white wire was never used the coil lasted just fine. If yer coil is still working I wouldnt worry about it, After all, They are only $12.
Big Red.

Or perhaps ya noticed the ones with the white wire burning up because THATS THE ONLY KIND THERE WAS untill recently. I noticed if the white wire was never used the coil lasted just fine. If yer coil is still working I wouldnt worry about it, After all, They are only $12.
Big Red.
you forget about currency exchange and the value of things in other countries...

regardless, youre probably 100% correct :D

*central section removed cus i rant too much*

but, just to shut myself up. we both agree...if the engine runs, coil is fine. that answers the question.

and at whatever price they are in your country of residence, a spare one is always handy :)

well thats good to know! it seems that since rewiring it my spark has got a lot stronger!

before i could barely see it now its very much visible. when i took it for a spin i got 25.4mph out of it whereas before it would top out at 24.2mph it also ran much better than usual , far less sputterry.

being super poor i definitly won't be getting a spare. €10 to me is a lot, i usually only have €10 to spare each week!

Back