Quiet rack mount engine

s_beaudry

Local time
1:35 PM
In anyone's opinion with using or hearing different engines for rack mount setups, what seems to be the quietest one out there/

Is there one that is noticeably more quiet then others?

I have Subaru and Mitsubishi engines. Both are fairly quiet.

A Mits with an ADA S1 expansion pipe is quieter.

Add 39" of flexible exhaust tubing with the ADA silencer and it's even quieter.

You've all heard Junior riding in the neighbor on a goped and snail pipe w/no muffler.:sick:

When you add 39" of tubing as I have, ya don't even need the muffler. It's pretty quiet that way. Performance doesn't seem to suffer, as "The Dragon Lady goes 39mph on the flats.:geek:

I have Subaru and Mitsubishi engines. Both are fairly quiet.

A Mits with an ADA S1 expansion pipe is quieter.

Add 39" of flexible exhaust tubing with the ADA silencer and it's even quieter.

You've all heard Junior riding in the neighbor on a goped and snail pipe w/no muffler.:sick:

When you add 39" of tubing as I have, ya don't even need the muffler. It's pretty quiet that way. Performance doesn't seem to suffer, as "The Dragon Lady goes 39mph on the flats.:geek:

Hello 5-7...

Where would I find the silencer and the tubing??

Thanks, Steve

I just got one of the new GEBES, RS 35 with the non-metal clutch housing.

Not only is it lighter and quieter, it has more pep and giddyup !!

I could hardly help it on the hills with the 7 speed test bike.

I can't hear much of a difference in noise from the TLE43 and the RS35 except the tone and at idle. Of course the rs is a deeper tone and more spaced whereas the TLE is higher pitched and more buzzy with an exhaust pulse every revolution. I would personally choose the TLE if mixing gas isn't a problem. Friction drives (and I'm assuming the GEBE belt drive) seem to be much quieter than chain drives because of their lack of metal-on-metal reduction gears and chain/sprocket noise.

Back