R/S 35 Filler valve?

F

flyer1

Has anyone come up with any new ideas to fill the r/s without lifting the bike up on the front wheel.I saw one guy use a cap from an old style water gun,very simple fix but don't know how long it will last.If I can find a nice rubber one I would prolly go for it.Another thought was to cut the top off a screw on bottle (small one) leaving part of the bottle to act as a flange,then epoxy in place.Might look a little rough,but would prolly work well.Any other thought,updates?

that motor can be mounnted in any position because of the lubrication system and type of carb. so you can rotate it till the fill hole is where you like.

stude, i realize the motor can be run inverted and all,but in order to completely fill the tank when its mounted on the bike you need to get rid of the air pocket that forms in the tank,the tank has a U-shape.

that motor can be mounnted in any position because of the lubrication system and type of carb. so you can rotate it till the fill hole is where you like.

Mitch, that motor CANNOT be run in any position. Augi and I both learned that the hard way. The cylinder will fill up with oil and the engine will seize.
Been there, done that.

Back