Rabbit at rest

T

TheBadBunny

Hello, one and all. My name is Robert, and I'm transportation challenged. I currently commute to work on an old ten speed, a 26-mile round trip over very hilly terrain, and while I enjoy the exercise and am physically capable of doing it easily, it just takes too much time out of my day. (If it were mostly level ground, I'd have no problem with it, but with the hills, it's about an hour and a half each way).

I bought a cheap Currie electric bicycle from WalMart for $200.00, and while it took a little of the effort out of the hill climbing, its top-end speed was far too low and shaved all of maybe 15 minutes off the road. Add to that a proprietary hub on the rear wheel that seemed to tear up nearly every other month and was costly to replace, and I quickly realized it was useless.

So now I'm seeking an alternative. I don't currently have the money for a car or even a moped, and won't for some time. I'd really like to have one of the higher-grade electric bike kits, but with their enormous price tags, I just can't afford one. I've finally opted to go with a gas engine, so I've come here to do some research and, hopefully, get a few questions answered before I make my purchase, which I expect to be a few days after the 15th of January 2008, i.e., payday!

Robert "help!" Riggs

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome badbunny! are you the one that left those funny choclate coverd raisins last easter? sounds like youll fit right in here!

Back