Rack Mount Happy Times

Hello Fello Motor-Cyclists,

So I have completed by build, after a couple of test runs took her for a ride to work this morning. Ran very well, trip is just on 15KM (9.3miles). Ran the motor for 15 minutes with 10 minute breaks (peddling).
Only one problem, I think my chain is made from Bungee Cord, had to retention the chain twice.

Here are some pictures (taken with Cell phone so no so sharp) :whistle:

20140110_075508.jpg20140110_075425[1].jpgSilverback Reno2.jpgSilverback Reno1.jpg

Well done. That is only the second rack mounted China girl I have seen. When you get a chance, try modding the intake manifold so that the carb float bowl is level. Solves a lot of carb issues. In the old days, guys would simply saw the intake manifold in half length wise and connect the 2 pieced with flexible automobile heater hose.

Had a bit of an issue getting her going otherwise it has been running very well but I will look at leveling the carb. There is a chain place in the industrial area here, will see what they have.

One of the main reasons for not mounting the motor in the Frame was originally because the carb didn't fit in. I took the measurements and was like, great that should fit but the carb sticks out just a little too much. Also reading on the forums that the motor is pretty heavy on softer metal frames (cromolly) and the bike actually being my wife's I didn't want to cause permanent damage to it.
Frame was made from steel so it is extremely solid though a tad heavy, may try build an aluminium one in the future. Fun part was trying to get the weight over the back Axel as much as possible not to pop wheelies and then try not burn my butt.
Over all happy, may not be the prettiest but it is functional.

That's cool.
That was my 1st.thought when I saw your build,too much weight in the rear.
*tip-never say that line to a female.Anyway,perhaps install a cargo basket or a tool box or something to the front to balance things out.I was going to say a seat for your wifee,but don't wana get into anymore trouble.Another suggestion would be to wrap your exhaust pipe with some .exhaust isolating header wrap tape,or fabricate some kind of a heat shield, just to be on the safe side.I'm planning on wrapping my pipe with some white/natural pipe wrap.those pipes get red hot.I also heard that header wrap will increase performance,I'll believe that when I see it.
Overall I think that it's a real cool concept,great job.
Regards,
Adam

Nice, one problem I see is yo bootay getting cooked on that exhaust pipe. Smell something burning don't ignore it!

Just don't ever scoot back too far, or youll burn your arse on the exhaust pipe. Other than that, nice job!

thanks for the positive feedback.
I think my biggest problem is if I have a large amount of beans the night before a ride, letting off a little gas over a hot exhaust may make my bike methane propelled.

he he, so my chain became super slacked, me being smart decided to remove one more link as I had no more room to adjust on the tensioner pulley. Mistake! The chain was a hair too short, but luckily I made the back mounts "adjustable" by sliding up and down the frame. managed to get it hooked up again, now I have about half inch of slack on the chain, not sure if that will do any damage.