radio ,,question and answer

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by japat100, Sep 2, 2007.

1. japat100

japat100 Guest

with all the software available ,, set up a radio show every week ,let say for a hour .???? on sunday .. have 3 or 4 senior members with knowledge on line to take question ,,
    members can send email or could join the room to ask question direct with audio ,,non members can tune in

call it ,, motor bike radio show
    i am sure that there are members that can set this up and would be interested to host such a show ,,
    i think it would be cool ,
    japat

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

in the beginning, we sponsored an internet radio-show...with chat....noone came.

i've learned since being here, i don't spend any time with my internet-radio "friends" any more...there's too much going on outside.

3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i wasn't shooting it down...anyone wants to start "i-MBc" (legally) use the "contact us" link!

4. japat100

japat100 Guest

it may be a bit early on,, i would think once the forum hits 1500 or 2000 members there should be lots of interest
    japat

5. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

HHHHUUUUMMMMMM Can you smell the rubber burnning in my head, This sounds great .I'm going to look into it and see what the start up and running of one would be like.....I'll keep all posted of it........now where is that google seach bar.......

6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

please take on a project like this only thru MBc...any rogue campaigns to "expand" our realm aren't gonna go over well with staff. during the period of radio-sponsorship (out of pocket hundreds of dollars) someone had the "great idea" to use our name to start a chat...didn't ask, didn't look around, didn't try the chat we already had going...they just did it.

so, bring all discussion here, and make sure to involve MBc staff before doing anything in our name, please.

7. japat100

japat100 Guest

i hold a number of patents and copyrights ,also some items that come under " user rights ""
    no one should ever attempt to infringe on mbc without the full consent of its owners ,, not only the law of the land comes down hard but public opinion would make it next to impossible especially when we are talking about a radio show over the internet and if they would in anyway try to use mbc as a stepping stone for there success ,,
    but if some mbc member with talent would go through proper channels then i think as members build in the thousands ,they would have great support from members and staff ,,and my belief is that it would add allot to this forum and the hobby that we all love
    japat

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2007
  8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

wut he sed.

9. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

You are right to insist on control of what is done in the name of MBc. It's not just an issue of "credit where credit is due" or a matter of money where that is involved. It is a matter of possible bad acts being attributed to or being done in the name of someone who had nothing to do with them. MBc has to protect itself....that's the lawyer- always looking for the worst case scenario.

10. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

exactly...there's no way to censor "live" interaction...our image matters more than money or credit for accomplishments.

11. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Member

I am new and would love to see videos done by the masters. How to, etc. There are ways and software to broadcast by the Internet using prerecorded shows/videos. Members could do their own segments and submit (via the Internet as well or via hard copy) Remember Tech TV? I loved that network and after a week of watching it, I was building PCs out of parts I found or that were thrown away.
    There are many free to try software programs to do this. All that we need is some one with a spare PC to act as a server who has a good, high speed ISP. I would gladly pitch in if we decided on a particular software and I have many PCs that I would gladly donate to the cause. Also we could offer cheap advertising to the folks doing this commercially and are struggling. Not to mention actual sponsors.
    After a quick search, I found this free to try program. If any are actually do the home work and find the perfect fit. If no copywriten material is used, there are no other costs and we can make it "loop" and could be on as many or all hours of the day. Here is just one example of software; http://www.download.com/EnterVision-Broadcaster/3000-2348_4-10540080.html?tag=lst-0-7
    Again I am brand new and don't in any way mean to interlope.

12. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Member

If any are actually WANTING TO DO THIS, i WILLdo the home work and find the perfect fit. (Software) I meant to say. Got excited there. lol

13. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Member

Found a free server with software to upload any size file/vid. Works great and looks good. So "MBcTV" meber vids could be submited to staff and just uploaded. Draw back is has only their web addy, not say, ""MOTOTREDBIKESTV.COM" There are many.
    Also found a free program to embed a chanel/TV station right from here, on the web page. Kind of took the fun out of it. to easy. http://dave.tv/default.aspx?home=1