Rag Joint with Washers?

tzvii

Local time
10:39 PM
Hello,

I just received my engine kit in the mail and am having a real pain installing the sprocket rag joint.
The spokes on my wheel are extra thick, and cause the bolts to angle inwards when they are put through. This makes it so that there is no way that the metal pieces at the end will ever fit on.
Do you think that it would be strong enough without the 3 metal end bits, and instead putting washers on the end of each bolt? I'm thinking that is the only way it will be going on there.

Let me know if you think it would be strong enough with washers,
Thanks.

Nevermind, problem solved. I just had to widen the holes in the metal and rubber, and cut a tiny section off of the back rubber. Fits together easily now.

Rag joint vs hub adapter

Hello,

I just received my engine kit in the mail and am having a real pain installing the sprocket rag joint.
The spokes on my wheel are extra thick, and cause the bolts to angle inwards when they are put through. This makes it so that there is no way that the metal pieces at the end will ever fit on.
Do you think that it would be strong enough without the 3 metal end bits, and instead putting washers on the end of each bolt? I'm thinking that is the only way it will be going on there.

Let me know if you think it would be strong enough with washers,
Thanks.

I was always getting wobble with a Rag Joint and went to 36 Spoke Rims and purchased a Hub Adapter w/ Sprocket. Much Stronger and Sprocket runs nice and true.

Back