Rapture watch this friday (U.S.) 9/11 N.Z.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by professor, Sep 5, 2010.

1. professor

professor Active Member

Rosh Hashanna is alternatively called, The awakening blast, The day no man knows, The day of trumpets/shouting (Yom Teurah). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pYoocaXhSQ

For a while now some of us have been wondering if there would be a 7 day warning, like the 7 days of Noah in the ark before the rain came.

Friday at 7.35 pm a 7.0 earthquake hit Christ Church N.Z. it was calculated to be either 7 miles down or 8 miles (depending on which report you hear).
    7 is God's number of perfection while 8 is the # of new beginnings.
    The Catching Away will indeed be an earthquake for the Church, since much of the dead churches stay here and the same for the lukewarm.

If this is it, and you are still here after the Rapture (whenever it comes), remember, the call to "Come unto ME" that Jesus declared is still valid for you.

The false explaination movie trailer is now on youtube-
    Note, the sub title is the exact opposite of the words of Jesus when He said, "When you see these thing come to pass- LOOK UP for your redemption draws near."
    I think, at the catching away, all children under the age of accountability (and all adults whose minds never achived that age) will be rising also. Because they are innocent. This is not the word of the Lord, but is my thinking.

It is something that has been on my mind for months, kind of like the story of the Pied Piper, whom the people of Hamlin refused to pay after he rid the town of all the rats. He piped and all the children followed him away.

The people of the world refused to tell the children the truth all these years, therefore, the wonderful piper causes the children to hear His sound and they rise to meet Him.

He and they will be back though.
    I am not sure if it is 5 years (the number of Grace) or 7 years.
    Evidence for either is there.
    He has not told us, as far as I know.

I am writing these things because I finally found out my spiritual calling.
    I am a watchman. The watchman looks out for what is coming.
    It is his responsibility to declare what he sees.
    Besides that, you are my friends.
    Even if we do not agree, friends look out for each other.
    I mean well and sometimes I feel like I am crazy. Time will tell.

Rapt. website- http://www.fivedoves.com/ Scroll down to see the various letters.

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Whilst I do not share your faith, professor, I do appreciate its sincerity and depth. I've read and studied the bible a good bit, and should events fall as you foresee them, I'll wave as you go up.

Along with that, such an event would provide prima facie the evidence of divinity I have looked for and never found. Such evidence would persuade even my cynical self, I suspect, and provide a strong motivation for taking the necessary steps.

So, while I suspect you are deluded, I find myself in the rather curious position of hoping you are correct.
  3. professor

professor Active Member

SS, fascinating response.
    If this occurs, the aspect of it being proof looms.

But as choice will still have to be made as to the cause of the event.

Stephen Hawkings throws his hat into the ring of UFOs having "seeded" earth with life, therfore, what I now call "the false explaination" will not be seen as such and a UFO invasion would carry much weight with his students, the media and the great number of UFO believers out there.
    I do pray for Stephen (named after the first person who was killed while giving testimony of Jesus) Hawkings. I perceive his great difficulties in life affect his view of life. I pray he is healed and restored, the same as I pray for you. Power is coming.

On the other hand, naming the day, based on indicators (not a wild shot in the dark) of the event would be a strong hand to play.

Yes, those still here, aware of the signs, aware of the foretelling, would have proof, less faith would be required for them about the nature of life, but they will need the former level of faith to get THRU what is coming. So a confidence level will still be needed.

Those who are still here, believing the Gospel, are to receive the double portion of God's power that this age began with. In fact, the story of Joseph revealing himself to his brothers in Egypt when he was second in command (Joe is a type and shadow of Messiah) giving five times the portion at his table to the youngest brother Benjamin, indicates the double is a multiple of what anyone else got. You guys are going to need it! The antichrist and disasters will be no picnic. But you will have it.
  4. SimpleSimon

Well, life has never been easy. Nor has it ever been any sort of picnic, but I muddle my way through it nonetheless. Anyone who has ever known or dealt with me will pretty much tell you the same thing - once I have chosen a path I will not be deterred from it.

I chose the path of agnosticism because there is no credible evidence to support any other, in my view. If credible evidence appears to support changing that path, it will not be a problem for me to do so. I follow where the evidence leads, despite opposition or threats. That has resulted in pain in the past, but pain merely proves that I am still alive - itdoes not bar my choices.
  5. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

if there was,wouldnt that make faith obsolete?
  6. SimpleSimon

Faith, to the christian, is "the evidence of things unseen". I am no christian, and I have no faith.

Should the rapture occur, then I would say that is pretty cler evidence of things "seen". Faith no longer applies in that scenario, rather it would be recognition of and refusal to repudiate the proven reality.
  7. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Does it not say somewhere that no man knows the day or the hour?
  8. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

anyone remember this?

Attached Files:

9. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

that makes no sense,dont you mean the belief in things unseen or in things with out evidence?

"evidence" of things unseen makes no sense to me.
  10. kerf

kerf Guest

Sure hope He waits till after November, want to see how the election it turns out!
  11. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

If you did not get it, do not blame Simon....he was referring to scripture.

12. professor

professor Active Member

I gotta give you credit Kerf. You are relentless.

Eastwood, SS quoted it exactly.

Yes Zevo, at the time Jesus said that, no man knew. I would say no man knows the exact day for a fact even today. But He did scold the people of His day for not seeing the signs of the times.
    Amid the idioms of Yom teurah / Rosh Hashanna is the phrase, "the day no man knows". Perhaps Jesus' words are just a re-arrangement of that phrase?
    No man could know the precise day of Rosh Hashanna because that day is detirimined by a visual sighting of the first sliver of the new moon in Jerusalem. The feast day is observed over two days to enable the sighting (in case of clouds).
  13. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

It is believed that when that was said it was a reference to Rosh Hashanna. The start of the holiday involves 2 men riding out and returning after seeing the full moon. Thus no one really knows when the holiday really starts untill they return. But all can know that it is near. We can all know the season.....but not the hour or day. By the same token we can all be wrong. As obviously some were in 1988.
    Edit: I was wrong, it is the crecent new moon not the full moon. http://www.amightywind.com/roshhashanah/when-is-rosh-hashanah.html
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  14. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Kerf..me too..I want to wave goodby to all those liberal democrats
  15. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

I thought the CC couldn't be edited??? Was that just a lie???
  16. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

17. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Just moderators and admin have the ability to edit in the CC. Now let's return to our regularly scheduled program...
  18. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Tedd, were does the line form?

19. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

don't wait for the alter call SS

possibly nothing will work at that time SS
    some (Calvinist) think there is nothing one can do to be
    Born Again
    that it is a gift from the
    Holy Spirit

the bible mention a lot as you know about
    seems to be the best starting place

I can not find the alter call used by many churches today
    in the bible
    question for you all
    how long has the alter call been around ???​
  20. Zev0

Zev0 Member

The following is from Christianhistory.net

This common evangelistic method, known as the altar call or the public invitation, has not always been around. Successful evangelists such as George Whitefield, Jonathan Edwards, and John Wesley never gave an altar call. In fact, they did not even know what it was. They invited their hearers passionately to come to Christ by faith and regularly counseled anxious sinners after their services. But they did not call sinners to make a public, physical response after evangelistic appeals. So where did the altar call come from? When did it begin?

At first, the altar call was used as an efficient way to gather spiritually interested people together for counseling after a sermon. Rather than searching out penitent seekers one by one, a preacher would call them up to the front, or into another room, for conversation and prayer. Some Anglo-American ministers used such altar calls at the end of the 1700s, but only during the camp meetings of the Second Great Awakening in America did they flourish.

Camp meetings were common in frontier states like Kentucky and Tennessee beginning around 1800. These multi-day gatherings were a way for ministers (mostly Methodists, Baptists, Presbyterians, and Disciples) to introduce the gospel to rural settlers. Early camp meetings were filled with passionate preaching and extreme responses. Hundreds of listeners would cry out, shriek, groan, faint, swoon, twitch, and weep. Ministers usually viewed these responses as evidence of the Holy Spirit's work.

By 1805, these spontaneous, bodily movements were less common. Ministers used an "invitation to the altar" as a visible way to measure people's response to their message. "Altars" were fenced areas near the main preaching spot of the camp where preachers urged sinners to seek salvation. Methodist preacher Peter Cartwright described a camp meeting in 1806: "The altar was crowded to overflowing with mourners." Another circuit-riding preacher recounted a time when "the enclosure was so much crowded that its inmates had not the liberty of lateral motion, but were literally hobbling en masse." Methodists experienced exponential growth during the first 20 years of the 1800s partly because of their evangelistic methods, including camp meetings and altar calls.

Many people consider Charles Grandison Finney (1792-1875) to be the "father" of the altar call. Ordained as a Presbyterian minister in 1823, Finney did not begin giving public invitations until long after Methodists had made the altar call a regular part of their camp meetings. Finney, however, did more than anyone to establish altar calls as an accepted and popular practice in American evangelicalism. Finney regularly called anxious sinners to the front of the congregation to sit on an "anxious bench." There, they would receive prayer and often be preached to directly. The altar call was also one of Finney's famous "new measures." He was convinced that ministers could produce revival by using the right methods, and that the altar call "was necessary to bring [sinners] out from among the mass of the ungodly to a public renunciation of their sinful ways."

While many embraced Finney's "new measures," others were wary of the theology behind them. Finney believed that Christ's death had made salvation possible for all. Human depravity was "a voluntary attitude of the mind," not a nature one was born with. Conversion, therefore, depended on the human will being persuaded to repent and trust Christ. According to Finney, the altar call was a very persuasive tool to move the human will. Calvinist ministers such as Asahel Nettleton rejected Finney's confidence in human ability and his reliance on the altar call. They believed human beings were born with a sinful nature. Sinners were unable to trust in Christ until God changed their hearts. Historian Iain Murray describes many opponents of the altar call who "alleged that the call for a public 'response' confused an external act with an inward spiritual change." Moreover, Murray says, the altar call effectively "institute[d] a condition of salvation which Christ never appointed." Critics argued that altar-call evangelism resulted in false assurance, as a high percentage of those who went forward to "receive Christ" soon fell away.

Despite criticism, the altar call continues. It has become a permanent fixture in American evangelicalism. One need only watch a few minutes of a Billy Graham crusade on TV to recognize that what was once a "new measure" has become mainstream. Graham's distinctive voice calls out, "Up there-down there-I want you to come. If you are with friends and relatives, they will wait for you. The buses will wait for you. Christ went all the way to the Cross because He loved you. Certainly you can come these few steps and give your life to Him." While the venue has changed from the backwoods of Kentucky to modern football stadiums, and the mode of transportation has evolved from covered wagons to charter buses, the altar call has endured. It is featured even today in the stories of countless Christians who met Christ when they stood up, stepped out, and walked the aisle.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2015