Rat Rod

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Rusty513, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Rusty513

Rusty513 Guest

Just got the engine on the other day & all ready the chain came off & got stuck between the sprocket & the spokes & bent my new rim. Oh well, it's way too much fun. Off to the bike shop to buy another rim.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Patch

Patch Guest

WOW that bike is KILLER :D Did the rims come like that (all pretty red)? How'd you paint the frame? IE did you sand it first?

You make me want a cruiser now too! I still have payments due on the first engine :sad: Oh well Still a super cool bike

3. Rusty513

Rusty513 Guest

I scuffed up the chrome rims with sand paper & then sprayed them flat red out of a can. I picked the frame out of the garbage & sanded it down to bare medal & then sprayed it flat black out of a can.

4. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Hey Fonzie! thats 1 sweet ride 8)

5. Nice save on the bike.
    I think it looks very good.

I see bikes all the time around here out in the trash.I,m going to have to start grabbing them for parts and experimentation purpopses.

6. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

You have at least trippled your investment already. Way to findem and make them better than new again!
    Doc

7. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Now that I think about it, that reminds me of how I met my wife!
    Ouch! glad she wasn't standing behind. :razz: :smile:

8. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

NICE! Too bad you wasted the rear wheel!

Dan

9. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Cool

That bike needs a budwieser beer can air filter. I made one for mine you have lots of room too. I just cut up a bear can and made a filter out of it. I got a piece of foam rubber and made my air cleaner about twice as thick as the one that it came with and put oil on it. You have enough room.

10. Rusty513

Rusty513 Guest

Cool idea with the bud can. Do you have any pics of it?

11. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

12. forrest

forrest Guest

Hello Rusty

What part of town are you in? I live north of the city up I-71. Your bike looks great, would like to see it in person.

Forrest

13. davidsis

davidsis Guest