Break In Ratio

Oil I don't find to make a difference if you're motors going to break it will no matter what oil you get. As for ratio I use 30ml oil to 1liter petrol from break in to till now 5000 km going good a bit more oil is good can't hurt not enough oil will kill the motor

can I use 24:1 ratio with Mobil 1 synthetic oil in my China girl for break in.

I love Motul synthetic. I've used it to break in my KTM motorbikes with no problems.
24:1 is lots of oil for a good quality oil like Motul. 32:1 would be plenty, but Motul Syn does not carbon like regular oil.
Your head will wipe off clean and the piston will have only a thin soft layer of carbon. Excellent stuff.

The only thing better is the Ipone Synthetic oil that smells like strawberries.
Brings smiles to the bikers behind you!

Steve

It will be fine. For break in I've always had good luck out of giving my motors hell. Just don't rev the engine high until your 2-3 tank.

If you have a very large hill near you just keep going up that with full throttle and coast back down it w/o motor. This lets the rings seat in good

conventional wisdom says don't use synthetic but I think it might just be superstition. I just use 50:1 with lucas from day 1, but recommend 40:1 at very least for most people. do as I say, not as I do.

I go with 40:1. My brother told me to run 50:1 but I'm skeered :eek:

Back