rattling noise from conrod/gearbox

elwood said:
Bikeguy Joe said:
elwood the troll comes out from under his bridge to expound the use of sawdust......

was there any need to call me a troll?
i come on here to ask questions and you call me a troll.. im telling the admin
I for one, could not tell if you were kidding or serious :???:
if you were serious, please explain rationale of sawdust :eek:
if kidding, then it was funny :p

and you can tell augi anything you want...he already read this I am sure :LOL:

elwood said:
Bikeguy Joe said:
elwood the troll comes out from under his bridge to expound the use of sawdust......

was there any need to call me a troll?
i come on here to ask questions and you call me a troll.. im telling the admin

I'd hate to think of what you would use a poo poo pipe for.

elwood, I'm sorry your skin is so thin you'd have to run and tell on me...what, are we 6 years old?

Seriously dude, sawdust? Didn't you read the responses?

Better yet, why don't you add some metal shavings as well, that will really quiet things down....

edited quote:

Bikeguy Joe said:
elwood, the troll comes out from under his bridge to expound the use of sawdust......

I believe in this act...BgJ was playing the part of the "Troll" :LOL: :LOL:

well the rattling has got really loud now, ive ran out of sawdust and grease, so i need a substitute to make it not so loud, and thankyou for appologising, also, what is a poo poo pipe???
thanx

it's like a poo poo platter..ya can't eat!

I've heard this myth forever...ya put sawdust in a worn-out automatic transmission, to reduce slipping..long enough to sell the car.
what kind of engine are you running?
where exactly are you putting the sawdust?
and, where is it going? (the sawdust)

elwood said:
well the rattling has got really loud now, ive ran out of sawdust and grease, so i need a substitute to make it not so loud, and thankyou for appologising, also, what is a poo poo pipe???
thanx

you could try super glue with the saw dust
it'll be a lot quieter then
or just pedal it

elwood, have you checked the big slot head screw that holds the smaller of the two gears on?

There has been reports of some of them loosening, which can cause a rattling sound.

Re: it's like a poo poo platter..ya can't eat!

srdavo said:
I've heard this myth forever...ya put sawdust in a worn-out automatic transmission, to reduce slipping..long enough to sell the car.
what kind of engine are you running?
where exactly are you putting the sawdust?
and, where is it going? (the sawdust)

I've heard it used to quiet the rear end (differential) in automotive applications, but then the whole works goes kablooie shortly thereafter.

Bikeguy Joe said:
Check for looseness of the large slot head screw that holds the smaller gear in place.

Check for loose engine mount nuts since a lot of us have heard pinging only to find the nuts were loose.

See the above post.

Back