Re jet? Or new cdi? Or exhaust?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Tinkertillitbreaks, May 27, 2016.

1. Tinkertillitbreaks

Tinkertillitbreaks New Member

Okay so ive learned a lot about the motors but still can't quite get the tuning down. So I have standard Chinese 68cc on a 90's road master.

I have performance carb with size 66 jet installed, when I bought the carb I also bought sizes #66 #67 #68 #69 #70.
    My question is in regards to 4-stroking. If I go higher, 4stroking gets worse. I am currently using the smallest one and topping out at 30mph.

Should I buy smaller jets? Or go ahead and buy performance cdi(Ive heard you might even have to jet higher) or buy performance exhaust.
    Are the mods a noticeable improvement?

2. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

When I put on my pipe it leaned it out a tad... Dk if it was the difference in the temp or the exhaust

3. I'm going to head up to Home Depot and see what kind of connectors I can get. Connecting pipes maybe see if I can pack and get some liquid steel high temp Put some sport straps on cuz I want to take a long trip today. It won't be a straight pipe I'll be putting my old stock muffler on that will be modified

4. Purple Haze

Purple Haze Active Member

Depending on the altitude where you're at, you need to jet a little leaner. I'm @ 900 ft and my 66cc runs great with a #62 and the needle at the top groove (leanest setting) I run a poo poo type pipe, everything else is stock, and it has crisp throttle response and good fuel economy.

5. I don't know what a poo poo type type is? And I'm running a straight pipe right now,,, I'm in the plumbing aisle at Home Depot right now trying to find something to rig something up????

6. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

A poo poo pipe is basically a straight pipe