realistic gas mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop and go...city driving..flat terrain..127MPG

R/S35 GEBE
aluminum MB
standard gear
250lb rider

I weigh 150 pounds. My Golden Eagle Tanaka 3300 32cc kit has the 14 tooth highway gear. My top speed is usually 28-30 mph on level ground without wind. My fuel mileage is only 132 miles per gallon (US). I pedal all the time with my kit. It doesn't add much to the speed even if I stand up on the pedals and use maximum force.

I was really hoping to get at least 180 mpg since I am not too heavy. Still I like my kit because I can carry it up stairs and keep it on my apartment balcony. I couldn't do that with a 49cc motor scooter that weighed 170 pounds.

Super hard to figure accurate gas mileages. I am 170, bike is older Schwinn Hybrid 12 spd, level roads, I pedal a little at times , motor is a vintage Orline [ Ohlsson & Rice, Chicken Power ] tire scrubber;
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=7659
I figure that I get around 125 mpg, which is what manual says.

I weigh in at 340#, and run a Robin/Suburu 35cc GEBE. My tank is full at 16oz, and that will take me about 18 mi. around here in Indianapolis. Mostly flat, but a few gradual hills, and a lot of wind. I'm running the standard street gear, and get 30-31 mph on flat ground with no wind, if she's in a good mood..lol. I average about 17mph, (or that's what my bike comp tells me..lol). I believe that's around 144 miles per gallon of premium grade gasoline. Again...that's not half bad for a dude weighing in at 340.

We're still fighting the metric system here in the USA. Hard to understand, resistant to change, and just flat out rebellious. The only thing I know about metrics are wrenches!

I get around..

I am about 6 feet tall, 185lbs, riding the Titan 4 stroke rack, I get between 130mpg and 150mpg depending on conditions and speed. At a minimum, I get 130mpg. I cruise 32-34 mph. I can go 42 miles on 1 liter. Enjoy the ride..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back